Secondo piatto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dom1183

Assistant Cook
I'm having some friends over on Saturday and was thinking of making linguine con le vongole (clams). However, I'm not sure what I should serve as the next course.
Any suggestions? I really don't feel like making a fish or seafood as a secondo but maybe a meat dish? How about Veal Saltimbocca or chicken?

Anyone have any ideas?

U can do some thing different. in minced chichen add some oyster sauce,limon juice, red chilly blend, egg white.mix it well.roll it in a soft leaf of cabbage and tie with twine and deep fry it.

U can do some thing different. in minced chichen add some oyster sauce,limon juice, red chilly blend, egg white.mix it well.roll it in a soft leaf of cabbage and tie with twine and deep fry it.

Sounds delicious but I think I don't want to be deep frying when guests are over, plus I want to kind of keep in on the lighter side.
What do you call this recipe?

If u fell the deep fried one is heavy,steam it.it is also delicious and light.I tried the both

I'm having some friends over on Saturday and was thinking of making linguine con le vongole (clams). However, I'm not sure what I should serve as the next course.
Any suggestions? I really don't feel like making a fish or seafood as a secondo but maybe a meat dish? How about Veal Saltimbocca or chicken?

Anyone have any ideas?

I generally serve Linguine con Vongole as my main course. A green salad and crusty bread, and a good white wine (Gavi, hopefully) round out the simple meal.

I generally serve Linguine con Vongole as my main course. A green salad and crusty bread, and a good white wine (Gavi, hopefully) round out the simple meal.

And that's what I did. I had some nice crusty bread and a good salad.
I used a Pinot Grigio for the clams and drank a few glasses.

Back
Top Bottom