"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 06-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Oh, what an ordeal, Munky. Hope some justice gets done. This was ridiculous, poor Hannah.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Sorry for the late update. I've been nothing but a Yo-Yo, Hannah's Yo-Yo lately. She's resigned herself to accept help from the pack. I think it's been somewhat of a relief & comfort to her that were all here. Our other 2 dogs only leave her side briefly now. They know what's going on.
We've managed to get her to eat a little more. Keeping her diet to soft foods only, but frequently. If she gets lost on the patio she just lays down. We don't let her outside anymore unless she's on a leash. In all honesty I doubt she will be here next week.

I called the SPCA today asking where all the dogs new tags were. I was informed that they only received the certificate for 1 dog. I paid for 3, they haven't according to them received a dime. My bank account says differently. I'll deal with that problem later.

This is where she got testy. Mind you it wasn't geared towards me. She's now going after our Vet. May God help him. I told her what happened with Hanney. Whoa! She couldn't believe it. According to her it's NOT the SPCA's responsibility to inform owners of senior pets of the side effects of the Rabies Vaccine.
It's souly by law the Vet's responsibility. Only the Vet is allowed to give the shots, between a certain time of day. Usually morning/ afternoon. Our Vet not only failed to tell us, but he offed the job to his assistants. He was ticked that he had to be elsewhere and he was running late. My dogs were first in the office. Last to leave. We waited over 3 hours.
Had that Man any conscience at all Hannah would have been able to be exempt from the rule. All that Moron had to do was write a note stating that because of her health she's exempt. She told me that would have been totally acceptable. Put on the books as still legal. I didn't even need to trick Han to get her in the truck and stress her out at all! That's what I did.

She told me she was very sorry about Hannah. That after she was finished with me she was personally going to call that Vet herself. As she put it "I'll make this right for you. Hannah's a lucky dog to have a home like yours."

So he's not only going to have his chops busted by the county for Hannah. He's most likely got himself an investigation to how he runs his office. Sweet justice isn't much of a comfort right now. But hey if spares some kid their pets it's been well worth mentioning.

Munky.
I'm so sorry that the first person you spoke with at AC did not realize/mention this. And, that your vet did not. For everyone reading this thread who has a pet who will s/day be a sr, please remember this and talk with your vet about it.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:15 PM   #33
Executive Chef

Next time I have to provide a rabies certificate for my almost 15 year old dog I'm going to visit the vet first and discuss this issue before I have him vaccinated.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Who Cooks View Post
Next time I have to provide a rabies certificate for my almost 15 year old dog I'm going to visit the vet first and discuss this issue before I have him vaccinated.
+1
Old 06-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #35
Honey Badger

What To Say?

Hannah took a turn for the worst yesterday. She refused all food. Couldn't keep water down.

Last night around 1am she had a seizure, a few minutes later another one. The kids told my husband, Get Mom up!

I can't talk right now about the details. We lost Hannah this morning.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm so sorry to read that Munky (((hugs))). RIP Hannah.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

So sad to hear this, Munky. Hannah had a good life, and was much beloved, RIP.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Hannah took a turn for the worst yesterday. She refused all food. Couldn't keep water down.

Last night around 1am she had a seizure, a few minutes later another one. The kids told my husband, Get Mom up!

I can't talk right now about the details. We lost Hannah this morning.
I am so very sorry, Munky. As I have experienced that exact sort of thing many times, I know how very stressful that is and the feeling of not being able to do anything. However, to die in the presence of those who love you and in the arms of someone who loved you, and you loved, well, I can't think of a better way to go. Take good care and think of all the happy times you had together. As I recall, Hannah was 15, and it was only this last little while that wasn't good time in dog time. Don't dwell on this, grab a happy memory and celebrate all the love and good times.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #39
Master Chef

Site Moderator

I'm so sorry to hear about Hannah!
Old 06-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #40
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Munky, I am so sorry but glad that Hannah had you and the family around her. My thoughts and prayers for you and yours.

Tags
diet