Serving Time-Smoothies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rydis

Assistant Cook
Hello, I have a quick question I can't seem to find an answer on. I want to start making some smoothies to take into work instead of always buying stuff in the morning. I read and see that smoothies dont set well when made the night before. I plan to use mainly strawberry/banana. So the bananas would also brown.

Problem is, I have about a 50 minute drive to work. Do you think that long is a bad wait time to start drinking it after making it? How long do you think they typically last. Appreciate the help. Thanks!

Hello, I have a quick question I can't seem to find an answer on. I want to start making some smoothies to take into work instead of always buying stuff in the morning. I read and see that smoothies dont set well when made the night before. I plan to use mainly strawberry/banana. So the bananas would also brown.

Problem is, I have about a 50 minute drive to work. Do you think that long is a bad wait time to start drinking it after making it? How long do you think they typically last. Appreciate the help. Thanks!
I've made banana smoothies with strawberries for my grand kids..They don't turn brown and are still good all day..I put yogurt, milk, vanilla in them and the kids love them..50 min.if put into a good thermos and ice has been added to the drink or the use of frozen fruit should be fine.
kadesma

yeah im using frozen fruit. thanks! Ill experiment with others, but just wanted to be a little prepared.

Back
Top Bottom