"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Old 06-11-2016, 03:48 PM   #11
Head Chef
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
*sigh* I just bought another dollhouse. Which I need like a hole in the head, but since I apparently already have that.......

I made myself stop buying minis since I've been working on my 4 room DH for over 2 years now... well except for mini petit point projects.

medtran49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:14 AM   #12
Sous Chef
Well, it doesn't help that I am currently working on a kit, have another one built that needs to be finished, and two more under the sofa waiting to be put together. But you know what they say. Twenty kids makes you a hoarder, twenty cats makes you a crazy cat lady, twenty dollhouse kits makes you normal.

And yes, I plan on being buried with some of these dollhouses. Maybe then they'll finally get finished.

rodentraiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 04:40 AM   #13
Head Chef
When I moved into my first house ( condo) , I was young and broke. Within the first week the washer/ dryer broke. It was one of those piggy-back washer and dryers , so we had to replace them both ( About $1000 we didn't have). At that point , i said to myself, screw it, if Im going to spend $1000 on something I don't want, IM going to buy something I do want !!! Found out , by this experience , that there is never a 'good time' to buy things, and its difficult to save, i ran out and spent a few hundred bucks on a nice fish tank that I always wanted. I figured I worked hard and deserved it. ( and its a lot more fun than a washer/ dryer). Most important thing is it made me happy, I ultimately paid it off.
larry_stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:32 AM   #14
Senior Cook
Last year here in Italy was a veery hot year. I have to be a bit careful because I had a stroke two years ago, and nearly had another because of the heat. It's true - you can't take it with you, and if these things give you pleasure why the heck not! All the contributors to this site are experienced cooks and you all know what a pleasure it is to get the right equipment and the right food. It's fundamental to the wellbeing of all of you, so I say, enjoy what you can when you can and rejoice in the knowledge that, quite simply, you can, and here on this site you can make good contributions that will provide lots of help to those who need it. Happy cooking to everyone! On a personal note, I've learned a great deal from all of you, and intend to carry on doing so - a great big thinks to you all!

di reston Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde
di reston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:12 PM   #15
Sous Chef
That was one of the reasons I finally got an air conditioner. I had heat exhaustion about 30 years ago and am very sensitive to the heat, and then there was my aneurysm 2 1/2 years ago as well.

rodentraiser is offline   Reply With Quote