Shopping the sales

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I picked up a whole boneless pork loin (natural - NOT marinated or flavored in any way) on sale @ $1.49/lb total weight 9.78 lb, total cost $14.57. I broke it down into 10 meals (4 servings each). I didn't weigh each package but I got -
1 package of cubes
1 package of 4 chops w/pocket for stuffing
8 packages of 4 chops each (thin chops)

It roughly breaks down to .36 a serving for boneless pork loin. Add starch, veggie and/or salad and we are talking around $2.00 (+/-) a meal (per person/serving). I think thats a pretty good deal.

Congrats on the great deal. I've done the same thing in the past but sometimes take a roast off the big end and make chops from the rest.

Congrats on the great deal. I've done the same thing in the past but sometimes take a roast off the big end and make chops from the rest.
I have done that also but not lately.

I do just the opposite. I leave the roast from the small end.

I noticed a large stack of pork loins in the store today, when I went for milk. I was going to check them out and look over the beef tenderloins they had for 3.99/lb, but passed the frozen food cooler on the way there and never made it beyond the Russian snow crab clusters for 6.99/lb :yum: So I got three packages of those instead.
I'm a big sale shopper and have a hard time passing up a bargain.

Great deal, MsM. I also cut them into various pieces, including a roast....which I actually take from the middle!

To each his own! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I guess the final option is to make the whole thing a roast and skip the chops altogether.

I LOVE when the big pork loins are on sale! I always have the meat counter cut it up for me so it's easier to handle. I usually have half of it cut into chops and the other half I make pulled pork with. The new flyer came out today for my grocery store... I should take a look! $1.49/lb. is a great price!

I have a correction to make. I went to store today and I noticed the whole pork loins were $1.24/lb with the Price Plus discount. So it turned out to be a bit less than I thought.

Tender Choice Whole pork loin boneless

WHOLE LOIN BNLS, 7 to 9 lb. average
PRODUCT OF US (unless otherwise noted)

SKU/UPC: 201217000009

13854.jpg

RegSaleFlag0.gif
On Sale! Price Plus Club Members
(Limit: 4 Items)

Reg. Price: $2.49
Price $1.24/lb Per Unit

http://shop.mywebgrocer.com/shop.as...ddad&strid=1EEF699&destination=&typeid=0&ns=1

I guess the final option is to make the whole thing a roast and skip the chops altogether.

I have actually done that for catering - did 7 of them for a very large wedding, with my signature strawberry chorizo stuffing.

I use the centre because it is the most uniform in size. The smaller end becomes my chops and the larger end chopped for stews, sweet and sour, stir fries, etc.

Ms M, that price keeps getting better and better. We never have deals like that here!

I use the small end because it more resembles a roast, being round on one end. And I like my loin chops bigger and more uniform. The small end works out well cooking for one.

I just got back from the store with a standing rib roast. Been eyeing them all week as they are on sale.

4lb for $27, which is $5/lb off.

I vacuum packed and stuck it in the freezer for a later date.

Pork loin is on sale for 1.99 and tenderloins for 3.99 this week. They had a ham for .69 but they ran out of them and the next one up was 1.99 . I still have one in the freezer so I didn't get one. I did grab some of the tenderloins and 1/2 a whole loin. I like to roll them out and stuff them.

Pork loin is on sale for 1.99 and tenderloins for 3.99 this week. They had a ham for .69 but they ran out of them and the next one up was 1.99 . I still have one in the freezer so I didn't get one. I did grab some of the tenderloins and 1/2 a whole loin. I like to roll them out and stuff them.

I like to roll them out and stuff them too.

My bargains today were romano pecorino for $19.99/kg (~$9.08/lb) and some wine we like for 29.99+tax for 4 litres, both red and white.

I picked up a whole boneless pork loin (natural - NOT marinated or flavored in any way) on sale @ $1.49/lb total weight 9.78 lb, total cost $14.57. I broke it down into 10 meals (4 servings each). I didn't weigh each package but I got -
1 package of cubes
1 package of 4 chops w/pocket for stuffing
8 packages of 4 chops each (thin chops)

It roughly breaks down to .36 a serving for boneless pork loin. Add starch, veggie and/or salad and we are talking around $2.00 (+/-) a meal (per person/serving). I think thats a pretty good deal.

I do the same thing. I take a roast off the big end and make chops from the rest.

yesterday, i picked up a six pound ham, butt portion, for under five dollars. that's easter, ham sammies and other yummy ham leftovers, plus pea soup, right there.... :)

Costco has whole halibut for 5.99lb today. They are 10-13 lbs each
I also picked up a chunk Kirkland parmesan for 4 dollars and change a lb. It is pretty good and def worth the price.

Back
Top Bottom