Short Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Able Hands

Assistant Cook
How much Bisquick batter should I put in individual ramekins for short cake?

I want to make individual servings of strawberry short cake, but the recipes that I have seen call for 9x9 pan or larger. I know if I make a big pan of it, and have it around I will just continue eating it until it's gone. If I make individual portions I can freeze them more easily, and then pull one out when I want, and not make a HOG of myself tonight.

Also, how long will they stay good for in the freezer?

I've never made short cake PERIOD. With well written instructions I feel like I can make just about anything.

To do in biscuit form, I assume I would just spoon portions onto a cookie sheet and bake? I actually like that plan just as well... I could still freeze them individually.

Can you give me some idea of quantity per biscuit and and cooking time?
I have a #50 disher (ice cream scooper thingy), one that appears to be the next size up but isn't labeled, and a ice cream scoop that is about twice the size of the #50.

If you have the box of Bisquick near you it will have a recipe on it. Unfortunately, I'm out of Bisquick. I also put more sugar into my biscuit than it calls for :rolleyes:

I feel sure you could Google Bisquick Shortcake Recipe and come up with it though.

Thanks for the help. For some ridiculous reason, Google never occurred to me. Recipes-A-Plenty for this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom