Simple Does It

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
a couple of nights ago, i had vanilla ice cream with fresh strawberries sliced on it. it really hit the spot. it set me to wondering what the rest of you do for a simple , simple but delicious dessert.

nothing fancy, remember. :chef:

Dark Chocolate Almond Butter (in a jar) and 9 Grain Crackers...sweet and salty with crunch!

PrincessFiona60 said:
Dark Chocolate Almond Butter (in a jar) and 9 Grain Crackers...sweet and salty with crunch!

What? Where? Have never heard of the almond butter!

PrincessFiona60 said:
It's MaraNatha brand. Check in a whole foods type store. Or not...more for me!

If I can find it around here, try to pry it from my cold, dead hands. I will be on the hunt!

Love chocolate covered almonds. What a natural progression!

PrincessFiona60 said:
Whatever you do...do NOT spread it on warm waffles.:angel:

Thanks for the warning! (memo to self - no warm waffles). :angel:

Crepes filled with nutella and a scoop of vanilla ice cream,
Fresh fruit salad with greek yogurt or ice cream,
French toast with caramelized banana and custard or cream,
Stewed fruit or tinned guavas with vanilla yogurt,
Sometimes just a bowl of malted porridge with butter and sugar,
jelly (jello) and store bought custard :) or a slice of chocolate cake heated in the microwave with cream or custard and many more! lol

Vanilla ice cream with a drizzle of most any liqueur.

I usually buy a couple of little "airplane" bottles so I can try a variety of the more expensive ones without investing my life savings.

Vanilla ice cream with a drizzle of most any liqueur.

I usually buy a couple of little "airplane" bottles so I can try a variety of the more expensive ones without investing my life savings.

Just reminded me of a simple recipe I got in a magazine once for Vanilla Ice cream with a tot of whiskey and cracked black pepper. It so yummy!

Ice cream sundae with a scoop of vanilla and a scoop of coffee/espresso ice cream, doused in hot fudge sauce, topped with toasted coconut and peanuts.

Vanilla ice cream topped with fresh blueberry sauce.

Half a honeydew.

A nice chunk of bittersweet chocolate.

Last edited:
Eton Mess, whip cream with sugar to taste, crumble in shop bought meringues, then fold in sliced strawbs.:)

A large scoop of peanut butter, a little molassas and maple syrup to thin, and lots of nuts, walnuts or pecans. A spoonful or two satisfies the urge for sweets.

Crepes filled with fresh blueberries and sweetened cream cheese, folded like a burrito and sprinkled with powdered sugar.

Any kind of Dump Cake

S'mores made over my gas stove

Chilled 3 Musketeers bar slathered with raspberry jelly on top

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Crepes filled with fresh blueberries and sweetened cream cheese, folded like a burrito and sprinkled with powdered sugar.

Any kind of Dump Cake

S'mores made over my gas stove

Chilled 3 Musketeers bar slathered with raspberry jelly on top

You have mentioned 3 Musketeers bars twice now. I have to ask, what are they?

You have mentioned 3 Musketeers bars twice now. I have to ask, what are they?

They are a candy bar made by the Mars Candy company. Basically, they are a nougat, with caramel on top, all covered in milk chocolate. Do a google search for the product. You will find all the info you desire about 3 Musketeers bars.

Um, i'm not perfectly certain if they have a ribbon of caramel or not.:ermm:

They are a candy bar made by the Mars Candy company. Basically, they are a nougat, with caramel on top, all covered in milk chocolate. Do a google search for the product. You will find all the info you desire about 3 Musketeers bars.

Um, i'm not perfectly certain if they have a ribbon of caramel or not.:ermm:

Sound Yummy thanks. I'll look it up, we have a similar candy bar called a BarOne in SA made by Nestle.

Back
Top Bottom