Simple Pleasures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chicken Ramen noodles, drain and stir in a half packet of the seasoning.

Mac n Cheese.

Grilled cheese with dill pickles and tomato soup.

Oh and spoonburgers with dill pickles.

Have you ever used bread & butter pickles? My Mom used to put those on grilled cheese when we didn't have tomatoes in the house. I still make them with the pickles to this day. :yum:

I never really cared for sweet pickles, I even rinse my sweet pickle relish before I use it. Has to be dills...

Have you ever used bread & butter pickles? My Mom used to put those on grilled cheese when we didn't have tomatoes in the house. I still make them with the pickles to this day. :yum:

I just picked up a jar of those yesterday. I love those pickles.

Must agree, I lov them. Sam's Club has the large jars and in Butte 3 Bears has them once in a while. The last time I was there I picked up 3 jars.

I found them at Costco. If you chop them they make a great relish for hot dogs, egg salad, potato salad...

Last edited:
Bread and Butter Pickles are awesome .. and the only kind DH will eat. I love kosher dill the best but B&B run a very close second.

We use a B&B Pickle recipe for canning our sweet banana peppers - makes for a delicious snack :yum:

Bread and Butter Pickles are awesome .. and the only kind DH will eat. I love kosher dill the best but B&B run a very close second.

We use a B&B Pickle recipe for canning our sweet banana peppers - makes for a delicious snack :yum:

I used a bread & butter pickle solution for freshly picked green beans. I blanched the beans, and placed them into the solution and made refrigerator bread & butter pickled beans, instead of dilly beans. They were so wonderful. They didn't last very long at all.:yum: They had such a great crunch, and flavor. It was a successful experiment. I love it when an experiment works.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I used a bread & butter pickle solution for freshly picked green beans. I blanched the beans, and placed them into the solution and made refrigerator bread & butter pickled beans, instead of dilly beans. They were so wonderful. They didn't last very long at all.:yum: They had such a great crunch, and flavor. It was a successful experiment. I love it when an experiment works.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

This sounds like a great idea, Chief! I like my pickled green beans crunchy, so I may need to take your idea and just can them without blanching.

Back
Top Bottom