"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 03-08-2010, 02:00 PM   #31
Senior Cook

This thread is killing me! I can't even look at it anymore... LOL
So many great sinful indulgences!! Chocolate is a heavy theme, for sure!

One that I really love, is Pocky sticks.. it's like a mix of a cookie or a pretzel, covered in different things.. chocolate, yogurt, .. mmm...

Old 03-08-2010, 02:19 PM   #32
Head Chef

i love after eight mints too,godiva bars,hershey milk chocolate kisses,lindt,cadbury fruit n nut,bounty,snickers,you name it...
one thing i forgot,i love cheese flavored dorritos too,with very hot and very tart home made salsa...

Old 03-08-2010, 04:14 PM   #33
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
I can keep away from anything as long as it's not around, but probably the worst temptation for me is macaroons. they're relatively small, and I have the tendency to keep going back for "just one more....."

Hard to eat just a few kernels of popcorn. before I know it the whole bowl is gone.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:33 PM   #34
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefJune View Post
.............. probably the worst temptation for me is macaroons. they're relatively small, and I have the tendency to keep going back for "just one more....."
I just saw cans of mini chocolate macaroons in the store last week. OhMy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki View Post
......Oh, another favourite.. Chocolate covered coffee beans......
Those are wonderful................. Malley's Chocolates back in the Cleveland area had them in their stores. Our son loved coffee when he was in high school (still does); if he had a test coming up I'd be sure to slip a small portion of them into his back pack before he left for school...got him through his long days.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:45 PM   #35
Senior Cook

Quote:

Those are wonderful................. Malley's Chocolates back in the Cleveland area had them in their stores. Our son loved coffee when he was in high school (still does); if he had a test coming up I'd be sure to slip a small portion of them into his back pack before he left for school...got him through his long days.
Smart!!!! Those things definitely work to keep you pepped up for tests and the such! They're also great to keep stocked in the desk at work... They've gotten me through the odd Monday...
Old 03-15-2010, 01:46 PM   #36
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefJune View Post
I can keep away from anything as long as it's not around, but probably the worst temptation for me is macaroons. they're relatively small, and I have the tendency to keep going back for "just one more....."

Hard to eat just a few kernels of popcorn. before I know it the whole bowl is gone.
Oh those are good.... (macaroons)... SOOOOOO good... I love that "just one more...."
I always say I'll "just have one more" also, and well.. I do have one more (box).
Old 03-16-2010, 05:46 AM   #37
Cook

potato chips and/or cheese.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:32 AM   #38
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Experience with Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans

My first year of college and I got myself all set up for studying away from the TV and other distractions. There was a small bowl of the coffee beans and I was gobbling them up like crazy. Soon I was pacing the room and could not sit down for more than a couple of minutes. LOL!!! I had made myself so jittery there was no way I could sit and study. So much for my study session...at least it wasn't a test the next day, just working on getting my notes straightened out.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:22 AM   #39
Head Chef

fried salted mixed nuts,yummmmm,big gooey dates filled with cream and toasted whole almonds,OMG...
Old 03-16-2010, 01:17 PM   #40
Master Chef

ok, you are all killing me, too.......my absolute favorite chocolate dessert to die for and I'm not a sweet eater in general (I'm a savoury-love by trade.....just look at my swollen ankles from water retention--jest kidding) is a tiramisu........it's light-tasting (not low-cal I'm sure) chocolate-mousse style pie with a rich dark chocolate flavor and whipped cream topping that is so wonderful with a cup of coffee....if they offered to add mint to it I would be in hog's heaven as I adore anything chocolate minty.......but a well- made tiramisu is to die for......