Sinful Indulgences

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shrimp cocktail - It's still my favorite y to eat shrimp
Lay's Potato Chips - I know I can't eat just one (bag)
Pistachio Nuts - I prefer the shelled ones in the half-gallon size jar
Jelly Beans - NOT Jelly Bellies, Lifesaver Jelly Beans are the best.
Deviled Eggs - My daughter's makes them best
Ande's Mints - The individually wrapped "Indulgence" ones are the best

...and let's not forget Pie!

You can keep your mints. But don't even get me started trying to pick a favorite indulgence when it comes to pie. I nearly swoon just thinking about it.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

chocolate first of all,in any form,shape or size,lol...
anything baked with pumpkin in it,that includes,pumpkin cake,pie,muffins etc,
cinnamon sticky buns topped with caramel glaze(yummm),
lasagne loaded with different and lots of cheeses...

Pancake and crepes...i am in love with them!if i could eat them everyday i would...also a nice big,chunky burrito is one of my sinful indulgence...comfort food coz it always remind me of home

Really good bread, whether it's sour dough, really dense whole grain, tortillas, or fresh pita. I could just totally stuff myself with bread without a problem.

Pinto beans and rice is another one that I can eat all day if it has just the right amount of salt and seasoning. Often when I fix it, I do eat until I am just a little more than full!

OOoooooo.. bread is so painfully tasty...
Cobs bakery, makes the most amazing whole wheat bread..
I bought a loaf, and I swear.. It is the first time I will have ever finished a loaf of bread. SO soft and crispy on the outside... Even after 3 days.. I'm amazed!

nikki, are we twins? I LOVE chocolate.:) Or chocolate-covered-chocolate.:LOL: Or chocolate with a side of chocolate.:ROFLMAO: Just make sure it has the cocoa in it...white "chocolate" to me is a waste of calories better spent on chocolate. Put a chunk of dark chocolate along side of a nice rich, smooth red wine and I'm completely in heaven. *swoon*

I believe we may be! ahahhahahaha
Oh, another favourite.. Chocolate covered coffee beans.
You know, I was watching an eppisode of Hell's Kitchen (I don't get the food network, however at the gym I was at, the treadmills have televisions on them.. and are set to the foodnetwork by default..torture!!)
So they were doing a chocolate eppisode. Everything had chocolate. Every aspect of the meal was chocolate.
I was in heaven watching it.
So I went home, and prepared a dish.

Here it is:

What you do is you take a plate, and you unwrap a york peppermint patty... a reece's peanut butter cup... and a box of smarties along with a bag of cadbury mini eggs (now available all year, sweet!)
A bounty bar.
Some chocolate covered almonds.
A few squares of dark chocolate.
You put each item on the plate.

Serve.
:chef: My idea of a perfect balanced meal. :chef:;)

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::ohmy:

Tim Horton's. The best doughnuts on the other side of the river.:mrgreen:

Oh, but wait; what's my sinful indulgence? Hmmm. Let me think. Wait, it's coming. It's coming. I've got it! Eveything that I'm not supposed to eat as a diabetic. Oh, all right. I'll narrow it down to a couple. Balderson 5-year Heritage Cheddar, Braunshwiger (sp), Pepperoni, cold hot dogs, Caramellow Bar. Oh, wait; don't forget the Three Muskateers Bar with seedless raspberry jam slathered accross the top. Mmmmmm.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Aw.... I don't know what I would do as a diabetic.
I really don't.
let's just say, I would be in and out of the hospital quite a bit, because I wouldn't be able to stop myself from certain foods... :ROFLMAO:
Have you tried the mint three muskateers... oh man.. soo good!

Oh dear lord. Andes mints. I LOVE those things. I love After Eights too. I can eat an entire box without flinching.

I finished a box of those after eights thin mints in one night.
I regret nothing.

Stir an Andes Mint or two into a cup of coffee...try to do it just once.

Not that I'm promoting my recipes or anything, but I did a peppermint mocha espresso and posted it in my recipe index, and oh my...
OH MY...
I LOVE the mixture of chocolate, mint and coffee!
Something about the three, just go so well together.

And andes mint.. i will try that!

This thread is killing me! I can't even look at it anymore... LOL
So many great sinful indulgences!! Chocolate is a heavy theme, for sure!

One that I really love, is Pocky sticks.. it's like a mix of a cookie or a pretzel, covered in different things.. chocolate, yogurt, .. mmm...

i love after eight mints too,godiva bars,hershey milk chocolate kisses,lindt,cadbury fruit n nut,bounty,snickers,you name it...
one thing i forgot,i love cheese flavored dorritos too,with very hot and very tart home made salsa...

I can keep away from anything as long as it's not around, but probably the worst temptation for me is macaroons. they're relatively small, and I have the tendency to keep going back for "just one more....."

Hard to eat just a few kernels of popcorn. before I know it the whole bowl is gone. :ohmy:

.............. probably the worst temptation for me is macaroons. they're relatively small, and I have the tendency to keep going back for "just one more....."
I just saw cans of mini chocolate macaroons in the store last week. :ohmy:OhMy!!!

......Oh, another favourite.. Chocolate covered coffee beans......
Those are wonderful................. Malley's Chocolates back in the Cleveland area had them in their stores. Our son loved coffee when he was in high school (still does); if he had a test coming up I'd be sure to slip a small portion of them into his back pack before he left for school...got him through his long days.:)

Those are wonderful................. Malley's Chocolates back in the Cleveland area had them in their stores. Our son loved coffee when he was in high school (still does); if he had a test coming up I'd be sure to slip a small portion of them into his back pack before he left for school...got him through his long days.:)

Smart!!!! Those things definitely work to keep you pepped up for tests and the such! :) They're also great to keep stocked in the desk at work... They've gotten me through the odd Monday...

I can keep away from anything as long as it's not around, but probably the worst temptation for me is macaroons. they're relatively small, and I have the tendency to keep going back for "just one more....."

Hard to eat just a few kernels of popcorn. before I know it the whole bowl is gone. :ohmy:

Oh those are good.... (macaroons)... SOOOOOO good... I love that "just one more...."
I always say I'll "just have one more" also, and well.. I do have one more (box).

Experience with Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans

My first year of college and I got myself all set up for studying away from the TV and other distractions. There was a small bowl of the coffee beans and I was gobbling them up like crazy. Soon I was pacing the room and could not sit down for more than a couple of minutes. LOL!!! I had made myself so jittery there was no way I could sit and study. So much for my study session...at least it wasn't a test the next day, just working on getting my notes straightened out.:LOL:

fried salted mixed nuts,yummmmm,big gooey dates filled with cream and toasted whole almonds,OMG...

ok, you are all killing me, too.......my absolute favorite chocolate dessert to die for and I'm not a sweet eater in general (I'm a savoury-love by trade.....just look at my swollen ankles from water retention--jest kidding) is a tiramisu........it's light-tasting (not low-cal I'm sure) chocolate-mousse style pie with a rich dark chocolate flavor and whipped cream topping that is so wonderful with a cup of coffee....if they offered to add mint to it I would be in hog's heaven as I adore anything chocolate minty.......but a well- made tiramisu is to die for......

Back
Top Bottom