Sinful Indulgences

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nikki

Senior Cook
So everyone, I have a question for you all.
What is your favourite sinful indulgence? You know what I mean, those foods where if you could eat them all day, every day, you would. And I don't mean just a nibble...

For me, as typical as it may seem, it is chocolate.
I could eat chocolate on anything. Literally ANYTHING. There's a coffee flavoured frozen yogurt that Chapmans makes, and the only reason I can't help myself is because of the awesome pieces of chocolate inside of it all... Today, I just had a small bag of Cadbury mini eggs... I have some Godiva chocolate bars in the fridge... And I've even learned how to use a chocolate mold to make my own filled chocolates.
I actually think about different chocolate recipes through out the day most days...

Your turn! :chef:

Sushi. I love food and could have answered this question with so many different things, but sushi is my downfall. I think I have an actual addiction to it. If I go too long without it then it is all I can think of and my mind won't relax until I get some.

Cheesecake. Doesn't really matter what the flavor is, any cheesecake is pretty much better than no cheesecake. I do have my favorites though. That might be TMI. :)

Sushi is amazing... I've had good and bad sushi though, and my last sushi experience landed me with food poisoning. LOL... which was horrible, but i'd still love to eat those cucumber rolls...
I have a similar addiction to Starbucks. The only reason I know this, is because I've limited myself from having it too frequently (uh... except for this past week or two...)... I may or may not have that addiction to chocolate. Not sure, I've never tried to cut myself off of it hahahah..

Cheesecake is great! You know, I went to the Cheesecake Factory in Miami with my husband a while back on one of our vacations... Would you believe that I didn't even have ONE piece of cheesecake? ... :( We had gone there for dinner, then went to see a movie, and when we left the movie the restaurant was closed!!!!!!!
I love chocolate cheesecake. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a similar addiction to Starbucks. The only reason I know this, is because I've limited myself from having it too frequently (uh... except for this past week or two...)...

STARBUCKS??? And you call yourself Canadian young lady? Shame! For the good of the nation you need to convert to either Timmy's or Second Cup. ;)

STARBUCKS??? And you call yourself Canadian young lady? Shame! For the good of the nation you need to convert to either Timmy's or Second Cup. ;)

HAHAHAHAHHAHAA oh noooooooooooooooooooooo :angel:
hahahaha
Well... Um.. Okay, I will hang my head in shame. I have nothing to say. hahahahaha ;)
Timmy's I can do. Second Cup, I don't know... The last two times I went there,they messed up my drink. Made me feel like they were undercover Starbucks' workers catching me in the act of drinking other coffees...*sigh*
I make better lattes at home then starbucks either way. :) But there's also a Starbucks right on my way to work ;) (excuses, I know...)

HAHAHAHAHHAHAA oh noooooooooooooooooooooo :angel:
hahahaha
Well... Um.. Okay, I will hang my head in shame. I have nothing to say. hahahahaha ;)
Timmy's I can do. Second Cup, I don't know... The last two times I went there,they messed up my drink. Made me feel like they were undercover Starbucks' workers catching me in the act of drinking other coffees...*sigh*
I make better lattes at home then starbucks either way. :) But there's also a Starbucks right on my way to work ;) (excuses, I know...)

We have some work to do here I think. Sigh.

I'm not a sweet eater, but adore fried oysters and will do anything for steamed clams...We have a place we love in Moss Landing,last time we went I found out that Phil's was in a throw down with Bobby Flay, the fish there is fresh and cooked to perfection...Heaven by the Ocean.
kadesma

Pizza... real honest NY style pizza.. the kind where the crust is that perfect size between thick and thin, crusty on the outside and just slightly chewy on the inside. I could have it 3 meals a day!!!

i am torn between lobster (hard to find here and out of sight price wise.) or hot fudge sundaes. to chose would be difficult. could i have one all morning and the other all afternoon?

Really good bread, whether it's sour dough, really dense whole grain, tortillas, or fresh pita. I could just totally stuff myself with bread without a problem.

Pinto beans and rice is another one that I can eat all day if it has just the right amount of salt and seasoning. Often when I fix it, I do eat until I am just a little more than full!

nikki, are we twins? I LOVE chocolate.:) Or chocolate-covered-chocolate.:LOL: Or chocolate with a side of chocolate.:ROFLMAO: Just make sure it has the cocoa in it...white "chocolate" to me is a waste of calories better spent on chocolate. Put a chunk of dark chocolate along side of a nice rich, smooth red wine and I'm completely in heaven. *swoon*

Corned Beef...all I can get, every chance I get. Or Bacon.

I don't eat many sweets, but I am currently hooked on chocolate bars made with 70% Cacao and coffee beans.

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::ohmy:

Tim Horton's. The best doughnuts on the other side of the river.:mrgreen:

Oh, but wait; what's my sinful indulgence? Hmmm. Let me think. Wait, it's coming. It's coming. I've got it! Eveything that I'm not supposed to eat as a diabetic. Oh, all right. I'll narrow it down to a couple. Balderson 5-year Heritage Cheddar, Braunshwiger (sp), Pepperoni, cold hot dogs, Caramellow Bar. Oh, wait; don't forget the Three Muskateers Bar with seedless raspberry jam slathered accross the top. Mmmmmm.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Bittersweet chocolate cookies, cake, truffles, ice cream, muffins, and bar chocolate, at least 70%. Did I mention I love chocolate?

Shrimp cocktail - It's still my favorite y to eat shrimp
Lay's Potato Chips - I know I can't eat just one (bag)
Pistachio Nuts - I prefer the shelled ones in the half-gallon size jar
Jelly Beans - NOT Jelly Bellies, Lifesaver Jelly Beans are the best.
Deviled Eggs - My daughter's makes them best
Ande's Mints - The individually wrapped "Indulgence" ones are the best

...and let's not forget Pie!

Oh dear lord. Andes mints. I LOVE those things. I love After Eights too. I can eat an entire box without flinching.

talk about eating it all. my handyman brought me coconut candy from Mexico. yummy. i can't leave it alone. very moist and almost cake like, sorta a macaroon thing. my new best thing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom