Slightly Freezer Burned Chicken Breasts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JGDean

Sous Chef
I thawed out some slightly freezer burned chicken breasts. Do you have any iideas for utilizing them where it is not as noticeable?

I just happen to be doing that today. I bought a large box a while back and didn't eat them fast enough. I am going to cut them into cubes and make nuggets. Season, flour, eggwash, breadcrumbs. Bake or fry. I am going to fry mine. I will eat a few today and freeze the rest so my daughter can just reheat them in the toaster oven when she wants to get herself something to eat.

Last edited:
"Freezer burn" is basically freeze-dried meat. If you want, you could brine the breasts and I'd bet the 'burns' will disappear.

I just happen to be doing that today. I bought a large box a while back and didn't eat them fast enough. I am going to cut them into cubes and make nuggets. Season, flour, eggwash, breadcrumbs. Bake or fry. I am going to fry mine. I will eat a few today and freeze the rest so my daughter can just reheat them in the toaster oven when she wants to get herself something to eat.

Just an idea, Rock, when buying something in a box for the freezer: I remove the box and put the individual pieces in a zip baggie and throw away the box as it takes up too much freezer space.

If I'm interested in ideas or instructions on the box, I cut them out and slip inside the baggie.

I've never gotten freezer burn on anything in a baggie, and no, I don't buy baggies that are especially "freezer bags".

Just an idea, Rock, when buying something in a box for the freezer: I remove the box and put the individual pieces in a zip baggie and throw away the box as it takes up too much freezer space.

If I'm interested in ideas or instructions on the box, I cut them out and slip inside the baggie.

I've never gotten freezer burn on anything in a baggie, and no, I don't buy baggies that are especially "freezer bags".
Yes. I should have known better. I bought them on bulk sale and intended to use them for a large family party. Food plans changed and I never tended to them properly.

Back
Top Bottom