Slow Cookers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the translations, all, and for Rev. Jim!

GQ, applesauce and apple butter are a breeze in the CP, along with other fruit sauces and butters. No stirring, no burning.

Bolas posted a recipe awhile ago, similar to Got Garlic's, for a big batch of multipurpose onions in the CP. Will have to try one of these!

Last edited:

GQ, applesauce and apple butter are a breeze in the CP, along with other fruit sauces and butters. No stirring, no burning.

Bolas posted a recipe awhile ago, similar to Got Garlic's, for a big batch of multipurpose onions in the CP. Will have to try one of these!

Tell me more, tell me more!

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, meatloaf with a tinfoil lifting sling - 2 strips folded and crisscrossed under your meatloaf to make a lifter, quadruple folded and long enough so the ends stick out of the CP.

Crockpot lasagna, really good!

Quick breads (though I haven't tried it)

Dulce de leche- take the label off a can of sweetened condensed milk, can be the sugarfree. Put a pad of tinfoil on the bottom of the CP so the can doesn't scratch it. Put the UNOPENED, labelless can in, and submerge it in water. Cook on low for at least 8 hours, up to 10 hours. Let cool, open can, and use as a nice caramel sauce, or do as I do, eat directly from the can. Makes a lovely apple dip. Store whatever is left in fridge. This stuff is addictive!

Last edited:
Also, try to keep your pot at least 2/3 of the way full.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hmmm...does anyone do tomato paste in the CP?

I call it onion goop, I have simplified my goop making. I just fill the pot with sliced onions shut the lid and leave on till all of the juice has evaporated.The goop looks a bit bland so I give it a quick fry to color before use.

I left the U out of colour so as not to cause confucius.

Last edited:
I call it onion goop, I have simplified my goop making. I just fill the pot with sliced onions shut the lid and leave on till all of the juice has evaporated.The goop looks a bit bland so I give it a quick fry to color before use.

I left the U out of colour so as not to cause confucius.

Can't understand a word you say.

i was hoping that harry would have chimed in when i asked "what does a yellow traffic light mean" and answered with "slow down".

then i'd reply, "ok. whaaaaat doooooes aaaa yeeeellow liiiiight meeeeean". :rolleyes:

this was a joke in reference to slow cookers.

not funny when you have to explain it.

Ah Buckaroo I'm gutted we cocked up your joke. Soz. :)

Go on, tell me another.

Do try the slow cooker liner bags they sell at the supermarket. They make clean-up easy.
never seen them over here stock,but it's a +2 from me in advance....sounds good,i wonder if they are the same as the cook in or roaster bags for use in the oven,that we can get over here? very thin clear film with a heatproof plastic tie for each bag?

I have never seen those liners for slow cookers

Our slow cooker has removable pot, so it is pretty easy to clean as it is ;)

Back
Top Bottom