Originally Posted by Lugaru
I lady) but she gave me a napkin with about a quarter pound of peeled, cooked coctail shrimp for me to snack on. I purchased a lime and went outside to have me a nice snack.
Shrimp USED to be my favorite food in the whole world.....until, one day, I was working in a restaurant, and making some Indian inspired grilled shrimp. And bam! I suddenly, without notice or a notorized mail, I was allergic to it.
I did some research, and it turns out, that if you work with shrimp a lot, you can develop and allergy to it. The Exec chef I was working at the time, said the same thing happened to him but it was for lobster, never allergic to the stuff..then one day...bam!
My doc said...eat one once in a while and develop and tolerance. I can eat one or two before I start feeling "strange"
I miss a good civeche with shrimp.