"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 11-05-2010, 07:18 PM   #11
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolas De Fraile View Post
Thank you, if I run out of our own oil (I brought back 10 gallons in sept) I go for Kalamata oil.
Funny, but that same month I brought back the same amount. Naturally I'd say Greek ex-virg is the best, but as Tom said, Tuscan is pretty good ineed.

Single estate olive oils are never cheap. Even Spanish ex-virg can be great if we find a quality bottle of the stuff.

For Sole Meunière you could make a simple lemon dressing with a splash of ex-virg and about half of white wine vinegar to the lemon juice. Roll the lemon on the worktop first, as it helps release more juice.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:25 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

We love Petrale Sole simpley coated in panko and lemon add melted butter and bake til done, It's lovely topped with parsley ,salt and pepper ad a baked potatoe of some sort and a cottage cheese and pineapple salad. Yum
kades