Something Hot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Charlie
Try to find Black Radish seed and plant them,
My father inlaw, grew some one time they were
so hot, they would melt the hinges on the gates
to hell.

Josie

We have a custom of being very strict for Passover. We only use fruits and vegetables that can be peeled. I know we could peel some chillies or jalapenos, but it is not very easy. Much easier to deal with large root vegetables. As a side note, we also do not use anything processed. Everything made from scratch, literally.

Poblanos are usually bigger than jalapenos, can be pretty spicy, and the skins come off easily after roasting or steaming. There may also be some other bigger, spicy peppers.

Could you "gut" and dry some hot chili seeds to use for hot pepper flakes?

Last edited:
I have roasted bell peppers so I could peel them. Once roasted and cooled, they were fairly easy to peel. I suspect hot peppers would be similar.

We have a custom of being very strict for Passover. We only use fruits and vegetables that can be peeled. I know we could peel some chillies or jalapenos, but it is not very easy. Much easier to deal with large root vegetables. As a side note, we also do not use anything processed. Everything made from scratch, literally.

I don't know what your requirements are, but chiles are easy to peel if you sear them first. Here in Colorado we get a lot of fresh chiles in season, and you can put them under a hot broiler or sear them over an open flame. When the skin is mostly dark brown or black, put them in a plain brown paper bag and shake them and the skin mostly just falls off. After searing, they can also be sweated in a plastic bag and then peeled pretty easily.

That's the problem. I cannot sear first and the peel. It has to be peeled first.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

- T

Wow, that's a real stumper. Except for those veggies that have already been offered, I think the only ones I could add are wasabi, uncooked onion, and uncooked garlic. And in the onion and garlic, the heat comes from sulfur compounds that are tamed when the food is cooked. I did a google search and came up with nothing.

Wish I could help you more. All I can say is that this season of culinary abstinence will soon be over.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Charlie, you have to admit. Living a true Kosher life teaches you discipline. I admire anyone who can do it. :angel:

It does and it is hard, and not growing up in it makes it only harder. But I am happy to do it. I am one of the lucky ones who truly knows why I am doing this. I think I've told story before.

It does and it is hard, and not growing up in it makes it only harder. But I am happy to do it. I am one of the lucky ones who truly knows why I am doing this. I think I've told story before.

Maybe it bears retelling for our new members. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom