Something quick and easy for party of eight...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For a casual, mixer, socialize type dinner for 8 -- I do this sometimes....A pot of Vegetable Beef Soup --- A Pot of Chili --- Two Corn Breads ... A Jalapeno bread, and a Broccoli bread....Sit it out with bowls, spoons, napkins etc...Let everybody eat what they want -- when they want -- if they want!!

Have Fun!

i have done the pot of chili on christmas eve. for my family, bowls of grated cheese, olives, hot and mild peppers, and anything else i can think of for toppings set out. four or five types of bread and crackers so everyone can find a favorite. a huge green salad as well. i try to make dessert something cool or cold after the hot chili. they always love it, and if people come and go it is hot in crock pot.

ok guys, good news, party went great, food was tits.

used one of the recipes posted for inspiration.

took a large caserole dish, laid a bed of sliced potatoes, spiced them with salt pepper and various polish supermarket spices
took 8 skinless chicken thighs and 8 legs, that i first dipped them in sauce, then spiced with salt pepper, home made bread crumb mix with various polish supermarket spices again. arranged them nicely over the bed of potatoes.
covered in foil, baked for about 1hr @ 400f. remove foil after one hour, and poured a bag of french fries over the layer of chicken thats nearly cooked. then grated gouda cheese all over the fries/chicken combo on top. returned to oven, reduced temperature, baked for 30m more maybe. removed served, and the crowd went wild. combined with some salads this was a knockout meal.

thanks for the advice guys

Congratulations, GT - took the plunge and decided against the rotisserie chickens! I'm glad your friends enjoyed the dinner...I love cooking for people that appreciate the food I serve them. Thanks for sharing with us.

Back
Top Bottom