Souffle on a BBQ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

il fico

Assistant Cook
Has anyone tried cooking a souffle on a BBQ? Want to try it this summer while camping.

Somehow that just doesn't sound right. Not the right kind of food for a camping trip, imho. and not at all sure how you could accomplish it if it were.

Well that's the great thing about cooking - experimenting:) I don't think camping should be limited to hot dogs, hamburgers and grilled corn. Doesn't a spinach and gruyere cheese souffle sound great with salmon and a glass of pinot grigio after sitting in the sun all day?

Hi il fico,
That does sound like a neat experiment. Do you have access to a bullet style smoker? You may be able to control the heat better in the smoker rather than on a BBQ.

or maybe a large dutch oven, maybe use a smoky cheese that blends with the campfire... like smoked cheddar or gouda. Just set you souffle dish inside the DO, making sure you have plenty of headspace.

Thanks for the tip. I don't have a bullet smoker but will look into it. Just might try it tonight on the BBQ at home for fun!

as long as you can use indirect heat, keep the lid closed, and maintain an even temp, I would go for it!

Well that's the great thing about cooking - experimenting:) I don't think camping should be limited to hot dogs, hamburgers and grilled corn. Doesn't a spinach and gruyere cheese souffle sound great with salmon and a glass of pinot grigio after sitting in the sun all day?

I'd rather make it as a frittata! Just a different school of thought. :)

il fico go for it, but make sure you check back and tell s all how it turned out, and, if successful, how you did it... Have fun thats what cooking is all about... :):):)

You are welcome! Is the link a picture? I can't open it. Maybe just post a pic directly in the comments (I use "go Advanced").
I'm glad it worked for you!

Back
Top Bottom