Soups served in shooters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ella/TO

Sous Chef
A couple of questions and I know I'll get lots of good answers!!!
Have you ever served the soup in a slightly larger glass?
Does it have to be cold soup?
Right now I'm making cream of broccoli soup, and I've made some cocktail crisps (sharp cold pack cheddar cheese; rice krispies, etc. et.) that I'll serve with the soup. Then we'll go right to the dinner table and start our meal with the wines. Just don't want to start in with the wine right away as company is not arriving until 7:00 p.m., and I don't want to start serving at 8 or later.

A couple of questions and I know I'll get lots of good answers!!!
Have you ever served the soup in a slightly larger glass?
Does it have to be cold soup?
Right now I'm making cream of broccoli soup, and I've made some cocktail crisps (sharp cold pack cheddar cheese; rice krispies, etc. et.) that I'll serve with the soup. Then we'll go right to the dinner table and start our meal with the wines. Just don't want to start in with the wine right away as company is not arriving until 7:00 p.m., and I don't want to start serving at 8 or later.

I'm a little confused with your question/thread title. A shooter is small, so I don't understand the part where you're asking about a slightly larger glass.

But with regards to a shooter, it's normally served cold because a.) you have to hold the shooter to drink it and b.) you can't really use a soup spoon with a shooter and you're drinking it directly from the glass.

With hot soups, if you're giving a smaller portion, better to use a smaller coffee or cappuccino cup.

I'm a little confused with your question/thread title. A shooter is small, so I don't understand the part where you're asking about a slightly larger glass.

But with regards to a shooter, it's normally served cold because a.) you have to hold the shooter to drink it and b.) you can't really use a soup spoon with a shooter and you're drinking it directly from the glass.

With hot soups, if you're giving a smaller portion, better to use a smaller coffee or cappuccino cup.

I like to serve creamed soups or consomme in an etched glass cup with a handle. They're so pretty and they're meant to hold hot beverages, (cider, hot chocolate, etc.)
I agree with Ironchef that you have to hold a glass with hot soup in it so I would reserve those for cold soups. Either buy heatproof glass cups or go with ceramic cups. And yes, a shooter is a shot glass comparable in size to a demitasse cup.

Back
Top Bottom