Source for presentation tins?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bushy

Assistant Cook
Hi again -

Where should I look to find more-or-less disposable cookie/cake tins?

I'm thinking along the lines of the tins in which cheap cookies are sold in every large grocery/drug/dime/et al stores beginning in the middle of each December - you know the ones - "Imported Danish Cookies - $2.99/metric ton"-type of things.
(I've always wondered where those are stashed until the next December rolls around.)

IOW: suitable for pet food, sewing notions, craft supplies but not intended for food storage.

I know where to find empty caulking tubes, paint cans and bunches of other such empties, but never those super cheap tins.

All leads appreciated!

Places like Michael's and Hobby Lobby have them. And they may or may not be super cheap.
If you don't care if they have logos on them and have a Charles Chip company, they might sell you some.
OR buy stuff in them and use them. The Danish cookies are about as cheap as it gets. Bremner Wafers are DEEElicious and their tin is nice.

Thanks all!

After doing far too many Googles, I found this:

Holiday Tins

- a quick glance show a max diameter of 7 7/8" dia x 3" deep at $2.95 each, w/ service charge if total order is <$100.

Still better than looking 100's of Danish butter cookies in the eye as I callously discard them... ;)

Last edited:
I buy them at Thrift Shops, Salvation Army stores, flea markets or yard sales for 25 cents or 50 cents each. They're all over the place!

Lee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom