Spaghetti poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How do you eat spaghetti? Are you a

• Slurper

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Twirler - no spoon

Votes: 31 70.5%
  • Twirler with spoon

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Cut it up with knife or fork

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
I am a fork-only twirler by nature, but there is an exception:
If it's served on a plate vs. a bowl, and the plate is filled edge to edge leaving nowhere against which to twirl my fork. I ran into this issue when I got a plate of linguini on a smaller paper plate and had nowhere to twirl my fork so a spoon was really helpful until some of the plate cleared up. If I don't have something to twirl my fork against, I end up with too big of a bite since it just keeps pulling more and more on the fork.
Besides tasting amazing, I also like adding parmesan to my pasta so that it congeals a bit and makes the pasta stay twirled up on the fork without wanting to unravel as much. I also MUCH prefer linguini over spaghetti for this reason as it tends to want to lay flat and stay on the fork more easily.

Obviously I've never given this topic a second thought in my entire life. :LOL:

These things are important to the serious eater.

Twirler with a fork. And I must have a slice of good garlic bread to help facilitate the twirling. :yum:

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, that is you, Fiona? I have been wondering if it was a wee family member of yours. :) Adorable! :LOL:

I cut it up with a knife and fork...if I cant do the twirl just right :LOL:

Place two or three strands between the tines on your fork. Lift it up and start to twirl. When the last strand has only a short bit hanging, place in mouth. You will have just enough for a mouthful each time. :yum:

i'm curious. do slurpers wear their napkin tucked into their collar goombah style? you know, to prevent the bits of sauce from being whiplashed around, and on to your shirt?

i twirl, sometimes sppon or bread assisted, but i bite off the danglers for the most part.

for the twirlers: do you finish with a slurp or bite?

i'm curious. do slurpers wear their napkin tucked into their collar goombah style? you know, to prevent the bits of sauce from being whiplashed around, and on to your shirt?

I'm a twirler goombah style...

for the twirlers: do you finish with a slurp or bite?

A bite, but in a friendly setting I finish with a good old piece of bread to assimilate any sauce remaining on plate.

I'm a twirler goombah style...

A bite, but in a friendly setting I finish with a good old piece of bread to assimilate any sauce remaining on plate.

Since I don't eat bread, I want only a little sauce on my pasta. Just enough to make it pink. I would rather have sausage and meatballs that have finished their cooking in the gravy. Can you tell I am not Italian? :chef:

Since I don't eat bread, I want only a little sauce on my pasta. Just enough to make it pink. I would rather have sausage and meatballs that have finished their cooking in the gravy. Can you tell I am not Italian? :chef:

I cannot. My mamma always prepares pinkish pasta!

I cannot. My mamma always prepares pinkish pasta!

I grrew up in an Italian neighborhood. I was the only non-Italian. I watched all the Nonis' cooking and they taught me just enough gravy to keep the pasta from sticking. And that is the way I learned to eat it. The pasta in one big bowl, the meat on a big platter and the gravy in a big boat with a large ladle. And the Papa always got served first. The cook always sat down last. Mungia! Mungia!:chef:

Back
Top Bottom