Spicy potatos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keithtopia

Assistant Cook
Ok so i ate at this "cajun" place in the mall a few days ago. The food was pretty good but nothing special, until i got to the spicy potatoes. They were delicious. So tonight im making a "cajun" meal here at home. My question is how do i make the potatos. ive found several recipes but none seem just right, im also cooking at my girlfriends house so i dont have access to all the spices i have at my house.

Thanks

No not French fries. Sorry I didn't make that clear. These were potato chunks. I'm pretty sure they were baked

Hiya,

You can either peel or leave the skins on for this one.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees

4 large Russet potatoes. Halved and quartered. Add them to a large mixing bowl.
3 Tablespoons of Olive oil. Drizzled over the potatoes
Sprinkle on the following, I usually add a nice even coating.

Onion powder
paprika
garlic powder
fresh ground black pepper
seasoned salt
dash of cayenne pepper if you prefer really spicy

Toss the spices with the potatoes and olive oil until they are coated. Spread them onto a large cookie sheet. Bake @400 for about 45 minutes. Longer if you prefer them crispy.

Chef Munky has the solution. Fiddle with the seasonings until you get the flavor you're looking for.

that sounds perfect and i have everything but the paprika here, and i can buy that. Thanks so much, if i remember, ill update and let you know how they taste.

I do something similar to Chef Monkeys recipe.

Cut potatoes in cubes place on cookie sheet, drizzle with Olive Oil and add about 1/2 cup white wine to the sheet.
Sprinkle with "Slap Ya Mama" seasoning. Slap Ya Mama :: Cajun Seasoning :: Hot Blend

Oven set at 375, cover potatoes with foil and cook for 45min. Uncover and continue to cook for about 30 min.

My kids call them Breakfast Hash Browns. They really like it with cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage. I usually double the recipe and add 1LB of sausage. At the last 10-15 minutes of the potatoes cooking time I'll add it to the potatoes and turn them in the pan and let it all cook together.

They make scrambled eggs and add everything to a tortilla topped with cheddar cheese and wrap it all up.

Enjoy!

Munky.

My kids call them Breakfast Hash Browns. They really like it with cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage. I usually double the recipe and add 1LB of sausage. At the last 10-15 minutes of the potatoes cooking time I'll add it to the potatoes and turn them in the pan and let it all cook together.

They make scrambled eggs and add everything to a tortilla topped with cheddar cheese and wrap it all up.

Enjoy!

Munky.

Thanks for the idea, Munky. That sounds really good..

Here is a technique yo can try that will give you a crispy potato. Preheat oven to 425. Cut potatos as you wish and put in a glass bowl and seal well with plastice wrap. Microwave for 4 or 5 minutes. Meanwhile, place 1/4 cup olive oil on cookie sheet and place in hot oven for about 3-4 minutes so oil gets heated up. Unwrap and drain potatos. This is when yo can season the potatos with what ever you want. Remove cookie sheet from oven and carefully pour potatoes on hot oil. Return pan to oven and leave for about 20 minutes. Take out and turn potatos over and put them in for another 10-15 minutes or longer if you want crispy spuds. Take out and drain on paper towel.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom