Spinach tomato tortellini

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulakm

Assistant Cook
I am making the above dish as a romantic dinner for the hubby and me. I need some ideas on what to serve with this. He is not into fancy dishes and I don't won't to serve just the usual salad. What kind of dessert? He is out of town most of the time and I want to do something special for him. Thanks for any and all help you can give me

Do an antipasto dish for a starter. Various sliced meats and cheeses. Throw some veggies on there. Serve dinner a touch later and then, as Andy suggests, serve his favorite dessert. OK, I have to do this...:brows:

Thanks Andy and Alix. We are both BIG cheese lovers and like salami, pastrami. Is that the kind of meat you're talking about? I can send you the recipe if you want Alix. or I can send it after I try. :)

An antipasto is a selection of Italian cold cuts. Basically the ones you like best. Genoa salami, hot and sweet capicolas, mortadella, prosciutto. Also cheeses, pickles and olives, roasted red peppers, etc. You get the idea...

yum!!! sounds so good. I can't wait til this weekend. Thank you so so much!!!

What kind of sauce are you using on the tortellini ?
Might want to get some garlic bread going as well.
And in addition to the meats and cheeses on the antipasto, might want to include an assortment of olives ( assuming you like olives), caponata, maybe even a bruschetta as an appetizer as well.

Thanks for the suggestions! The sauce is, along with tomatoes and spinach, basil, garlic, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, milk and flour. I hope it's gonna be good

Back
Top Bottom