Spoiled Ground Beef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sadly, you can't be sure something that tastes really good isn't going to come back and bite you later.

Returning from vacation last month we had a stopover in Miami and had dinner at a Cuban cafeteria-style restaurant. I was excited and loaded up my tray with lechon asada, black beans, rice and plantains. SO had a Cuban sandwich. All through the meal, I was raving about how delicious everything was. The other shoe dropped a day after we got home. I was "not normal" for a week. SO was fine.

What's really scary is that I saw a lot of flight crews eating there.

Did you actually get over to Calle Ocho or was it someplace at the airport?

Craig

Surrre... let's all have a laugh at Andy's expense....

:LOL:

Maybe it wasn't the restaurant at all. Maybe he was having a reaction to the peanuts he ate on the plane. :angel:

:ROFLMAO:

Surrre... let's all have a laugh at Andy's expense....

:LOL:

Maybe it wasn't the restaurant at all. Maybe he was having a reaction to the peanuts he ate on the plane. :angel:

:ROFLMAO:

Are you kidding me!? We were in coach. No peanuts at all. But you can buy a beer for $7.00.

I'm so sorry for you, hope it didn't turn you off Cuban food, but I busted out laughing when I saw where you went.

Karen

Why did you laugh? Does that restaurant have a reputation?

I love Cuban food! But I think I'll stick to making it at home.

Just to clarify, when I said I would give it to my dog, I meant if it was questionable (like when I'm not sure if it really smells a little off or of it is just my imagination). If it was obviously bad, I would just throw it out (I wouldn't want to smell rotten meat cooking).

Last edited:
After reading all the comments on this thread I am SOOO glad my parents "socialized" my stomach to accept foods other than those cooked at home or at five star chain restaurants, especially after seeing "The Road" the other day. At least I'll be able to survive after next year :LOL:

Trash. when in doubt; well you've already heard it. Ground meat is especially prone to hiding stuff you don't want to eat. If my ground meat is in the fridge for more than a couple of days, into the freezer.

I'd offer it to my dogs <g>.

I would let the cat sniff it. Well, the cat I have now wouldn't eat it in any case, but previous cats were very picky about not eating food that would make them sick because it was off, and their sniffers are far better than mine.

After reading all the comments on this thread I am SOOO glad my parents "socialized" my stomach to accept foods other than those cooked at home or at five star chain restaurants, especially after seeing "The Road" the other day. At least I'll be able to survive after next year :LOL:

There's lots of things that can keep you alive in desperate straits...I'm not desparate, yet...next year, who knows...but I bet I do just fine!:)

I would let the cat sniff it. Well, the cat I have now wouldn't eat it in any case, but previous cats were very picky about not eating food that would make them sick because it was off, and their sniffers are far better than mine.

Would you charge big bucks for the CAT scan?;)

Craig

Back
Top Bottom