Stainless Steel Flavor injectors?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The OutDoor Chef

Washing Up
I have the Cajun Style one and I have a?

What's the easiest way to make the injector work better?

I am finding it hard to sue compared to other injectors I own.

The other injectors I own break with a few uses.

What's going wrong? Does it clog up? Does it break?
Hi Andy.

My injector is completely stainless steel, it doesn't have any plastic parts.

The one I had before the SS injector had a stainless steel body with a needle connector that was plastic. And that broke. And my plastic injectors was too weak for what I want to do with them.

This all stainless steel injector the push rod seems to be hard to push unlike my cheap injectors. And I am not injecting solids, Just apple and W sauce, and such into the meats...

I have a SS injector. I don't know if it's cajun or not. It has two rings for your fingers and one for the thumb. Like the one the "doctor" used as a prop in Prince's band The Revolution... lol
Anyway, it has a nylon gasket on the plunger. I rub a little canola oil on it before use and it works much easier than if I don't.

I have a SS injector. I don't know if it's cajun or not. It has two rings for your fingers and one for the thumb. Like the one the "doctor" used as a prop in Prince's band The Revolution... lol
Anyway, it has a nylon gasket on the plunger. I rub a little canola oil on it before use and it works much easier than if I don't.
Thank you Pecanis.

I thought there was some trick to it. I've heard of the canola oil trick.

How many times do you do this? Every time you use it?

So if you're doing a brisket do the canola oil trick once?

Then wash it and put it up?

I do it once before each use.
I toss it in the dishwasher to wash, so any oil is washed off between uses. Next time I put it together to use, I rub the oil on it. I mostly use it to inject pureed trinity into smoked cajun pork roast, so that stuff is a lot thicker than just liquid. Works great.

Back
Top Bottom