"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
View Poll Results: Burgers and Steaks both cooked the same??
Burgers and Steaks cooked the same 10 45.45%
Burgers cooked more than steaks 11 50.00%
Steaks cooked more thn burgers 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2012, 06:32 AM   #21
Executive Chef
Buckytom and Craig,

As you are well aware, I live in the Mediterranean since 1996, and prior in Punta de Este, and Montevideo and have always had my own distinct take on red meats.

I eat very very little red meat to begin with, and I believe if a hamburger is what you enjoy, that is fine with me ... I respect other people´s choices about what they individually wish to eat and what they enjoy.

However, what I prefer and enjoy meatwise, is Lasagne Bolognese home made of course, and Steak Tartar or Beef Carpacchio or a blue rare steak.

Have a nice wkend,
Margaux Cintrano.

Margi Cintrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:13 AM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire
Steak ~~ Medium Rare to Medium.
Hamburger ~~ I pull it at about 155*

There is only one Quality worse than Hardness of Heart, and that is Softness of Head.

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:01 AM   #23
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
Usually the same for me, med-rare, but that could depend on where the burger meat came from.
justplainbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:13 AM   #24
Traveling Welcome Wagon
I like my steaks medium-rare (sometimes a little closer to rare than medium), but I want my burgers done a little more. I don't mind if they are a little pink in the center, but I don't want anything that is going to leave blood on the bun. I don't mind if my burger is fairly well-done, but it still has to be juicy.
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #25
Senior Cook
I prefer my burgers well done and my steaks medium rare to medium. It's the same with eggs. I eat them either boiled or scrambled. Any eggs with the yolks running make me sick. Cannot handle a runny yolk. Uuggh!
Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.
Mark Twain
Foodfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:33 AM   #26
Certified Pretend Chef
Originally Posted by Margi Cintrano View Post
...I have never eaten hamburgers nor shall I...

It's sad you are not willing or interested in expanding your culinary horizons.
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire
The same for me, both pink, but I do tend to cook my burgers slightly longer/more done for some reason. Maybe my subconscious telling me the masses say they need to be cooked thoroughly or something, lol. As long as they're still juicy, I'm good. And I certainly won't turn down a pink burger.
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #28
Master Chef
I'd never had a burger cooked medium rare, or rare until two summers ago, in Olympia, WA. It was amazing. The flavor was like a great rib-eye. It was served up on an artisan bun, with lettuce, tomato, and onion. Hold the ketchup on this one. Sadly, there is no place in my town where I can purchase such a beast; and I broke my meat grinder. So, since I don't know where the meat is from, in our local supermarkets, my burgers will be cooked medium.

My steaks, rare to medium rare are preferred, unless I'm using a flank, or brisket to make carne asada. Then, they are cooked rare over hot charcoal, and diced, combined with the other ingredients, and pan fried until medium well.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:17 PM   #29
Ogress Supreme
Site Administrator
Now I want a burger, fresh ground, 1/4 pound thick and juicy...I better head to the store.

PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote