Steaks vs. Burgers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Burgers and Steaks both cooked the same??

• Total voters
Buckytom and Craig,

As you are well aware, I live in the Mediterranean since 1996, and prior in Punta de Este, and Montevideo and have always had my own distinct take on red meats.

I eat very very little red meat to begin with, and I believe if a hamburger is what you enjoy, that is fine with me ... I respect other people´s choices about what they individually wish to eat and what they enjoy.

However, what I prefer and enjoy meatwise, is Lasagne Bolognese home made of course, and Steak Tartar or Beef Carpacchio or a blue rare steak.

Have a nice wkend,
Ciao.
Margaux Cintrano.

I like my steaks medium-rare (sometimes a little closer to rare than medium), but I want my burgers done a little more. I don't mind if they are a little pink in the center, but I don't want anything that is going to leave blood on the bun. I don't mind if my burger is fairly well-done, but it still has to be juicy. :cool:

I prefer my burgers well done and my steaks medium rare to medium. It's the same with eggs. I eat them either boiled or scrambled. Any eggs with the yolks running make me sick. Cannot handle a runny yolk. Uuggh!

The same for me, both pink, but I do tend to cook my burgers slightly longer/more done for some reason. Maybe my subconscious telling me the masses say they need to be cooked thoroughly or something, lol. As long as they're still juicy, I'm good. And I certainly won't turn down a pink burger.

I'd never had a burger cooked medium rare, or rare until two summers ago, in Olympia, WA. It was amazing. The flavor was like a great rib-eye. It was served up on an artisan bun, with lettuce, tomato, and onion. Hold the ketchup on this one. Sadly, there is no place in my town where I can purchase such a beast; and I broke my meat grinder. So, since I don't know where the meat is from, in our local supermarkets, my burgers will be cooked medium.

My steaks, rare to medium rare are preferred, unless I'm using a flank, or brisket to make carne asada. Then, they are cooked rare over hot charcoal, and diced, combined with the other ingredients, and pan fried until medium well.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Now I want a burger, fresh ground, 1/4 pound thick and juicy...I better head to the store.

Back
Top Bottom