Stockpiling Food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Things that keep

I agree it is time to stockpile. At the very least, rice, beans, dried spices and anything else that will keep for a year or more without freezing. I have also filled our freezer with chicken and beef. The cattlemen have been slaughtering their herds due to the high cost of grain so there has been a temporary glut; this will be followed by shortages for the same reason (high grain prices), so I figured the time to stock up is now.

Originally Posted by buckytom
i'm stockpiling mexican food because of the mayan long count calendar...

image-304894525.jpg

Skittles....:LOL::LOL:
When I was a little kid, we planted time capsules at a new school and then opened them up 25 years later. Most of that stuff, was just like that. Something that meant very little and kind of freaked us all out.

Almost everything becomes irrelevant as time passes. we learn knew, and sometimes better ways of overcoming problems. Sometimes our solutions create new and more difficult problems (as a race, we're really good at that). There is only one thing that I know is an absolute constant: I get better looking every day.:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

"O lord it's hard to me humble
when you're perfect in every way..." - Sang by - Ray Stevens, I think. adopted by me.:angel:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Chief Longwind Of The North said:
There is only one thing that I know is an absolute constant: I get better looking every day.:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

"O lord it's hard to me humble
when you're perfect in every way..." - Sang by - Ray Stevens, I think. adopted by me.:angel:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Is your last name Gray, by chance? :LOL:

The version I remember was Mac Davis, Chief.

Last edited:
ah, the curse of all those born on september 30th.

it is our cross to bear, brother.
:neutral:

As we age, we might need glasses, as time goes on. The older we get the stronger the glasses needed. It certainly does help us deal with our mirror image and that sight of our significant others.:LOL:
Except for you two of course, you are special, such a bear to cross or is it a cross to bear.

ah, the curse of all those born on september 30th.

it is our cross to bear, brother.
:neutral:

And bear it we will, with heads held high, setting the example for those with lesser trials. Be strong. Be valiant. You are that shining example for those on the Eastern Seaboard. I am the same in the Great lakes region. Together we stand, like Apollo in ancient Greek mythos, or Adonis.:mrgreen:

And Blissful - bear to cross, cross to bear - it all depends on how early in the morning it is.:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind fo the North

I wonder if draught is affecting gas prices. Pretty soon it will be $4 here, that is just outrages. Thank G-d, I think I could survive 6 month siege in my house. Might be short on vegies, but plenty of meat. And that is all I care anyways.

I wonder if draught is affecting gas prices. Pretty soon it will be $4 here, that is just outrages. Thank G-d, I think I could survive 6 month siege in my house. Might be short on vegies, but plenty of meat. And that is all I care anyways.

We can always worry about something, anything. For example, what would happen to your 6 months worth of meat if the power grid went down? Maybe you live in an area where you can shoot more meat.

That must of been some shut. Of course urban legends are always have good shuts, good story, the best, the bigest etc, and so on and so forth. :LOL:

When I lived in the country, there was a story about a rabbi who managed to shoot a deer with a bow and arrow, in the neck, in such a way that it was kosher.
Wait, doesn't Kosher law prohibit the consumption of meat from cloven hoofed animals? I may be way off on this. But after a lifetime of tracking deer tracks, with my Dad (though we never actually saw one from our tracking efforts:ROFLMAO:) I do know that deer have cloven hoofs.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom