Straaaaaawberries!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pengyou

Senior Cook
The strawberries that I am seeing in the market now look incredible! I was going to post this question in the desserts forum but I wouldn't know which subforum to put it in. I would like to make a dessert that uses fresh strawberries. Strawberry flavoring not allowed unless you really see a need for it and it doesn't taste fake or hide the real strawberries. Strawberry flavored gelatin is allowed. It has to be something that is easy to transport and serve - strawberry shortcake is out for that reason. Also, the whisp attachment for my mixer is broken. Cobblers...cakes...cupcakes...maybe even something done with greek yogurt and chocolate?

Give me your best stuff! I can take it!

Last edited:
Why do you need fake flavouring for strawberries? I keep my self away from those big flavourless strawberries and wait for the smaller tastier kinds like Senga sengana, Lina , Malwina, Ostara or Sweet Eve.

I just whip cream and add strawberries and I'm happy,

Fresh Strawberry cheesecake.

39817-albums1064-picture7327.jpg
[/IMG]

I originally thought a simple plating of pound cake (you can usually find that in the bakery or frozen food department, pengyou) with macerated strawberries and ice cream or whipped cream would make a nice dessert, but GG's suggestion of a trifle is nicer. It can be made at home and makes a very nice presentation.
...Or a trifle. These are made for easy transport and feeding a crowd. Simple Dessert Recipe Ideas: Berry and Vanilla Cream Trifle

If you need a trifle dish, peng, I do have one in my collection of "too much stuff". :LOL: Might be late getting to you, though...

Back
Top Bottom