Strange food combos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Strawberry/Raspberry etc Jam (jelly for you septic tanks) and nice mature cheese toasted sandwich.

Same thing as above with shaved smoked (the smokier the better) ham and black pepper.

Strawberries with black pepper (or balsamic vinegar, or basil).

Haggis said:
Strawberry/Raspberry etc Jam (jelly for you septic tanks) and nice mature cheese toasted sandwich.

Same thing as above with shaved smoked (the smokier the better) ham and black pepper.

Strawberries with black pepper (or balsamic vinegar, or basil).
I like you first and thirds ones a lot too, Haggis. Balsamic vinegar is also surprisngly good on vanilla or chocolate ice cream.

I think my strangest food tendancy is just to eat sweet and savoury things at the same time. When I lived alone, if I was having dessert that night, I would often eat it along side my dinner. The other day we stopped for a nibble at a little restaurant and I ate ice cream and cruly French fries at the same time, as DH looked at me like:wacko: and smiled.

I used to really enjoy eating instant pudding along side a dish of tomato or galicy pasta too - guess that would sort of fall in the weird column :LOL:

Hey, one of the typical ways to enjoy the world famous balsamic vinegar from Modena is to eat it with fresh strawberries!! (though I am yet to try this combination... sounds a little weird and I love strawberries too much!!)

french fries dipped in a chocolate mikshake
french fries with mustard
mashed potatoes with corn on them
applesauce mixed with macaroni and cheese
scrambled eggs with ketchup

middie said:

Middie I love all of those except for the second one too! Fries and shakes (or malts) are awesome together! :)

boiled eggs with Nutella
mashed potatoes, Curry Ketchup, fish fingers, fried egg and spinach....
all mixed together.. sounds horrible, looks horrible but tastes great!!

You people are scaring me! Last time I tried somebody's favorite comfort food which sounded uttrerly strange to me it was peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches...trouble was I liked it!

One of my growing up favorites is a sandwich w/white bread, butter, mayo, mustard, potato chips, american cheese slices and sweet pickles. YUM!

Now I'm gonna have to try all the things I read above! :rolleyes:

middie said:

I'll agree with the first one. Except I prefer other flavors... like vanilla or strawberry. Or just plain old ice cream. Or like DQ blizzards, so you get random things like m&Ms or oreos or peanut butter along with it.

But french fries go with anything but ketchup for me: either some form of ice cream or honey. But that's not so strange.
I had french fries dipped in a spinach and feta mixture inside of something that was supposed to resemble spanikopita.

My oldest grandson loves to sprinkle grated parmesan (the terrible can kind) on a glazed krispy kreme donut. He eats all of it too, not just a bite. I've been lucky that I only saw him eat this in front of me once!!!

middie said:
Yum!
Also, fried egg sandwiches with a slice of cheddar and raspberry jam.
On the line of dill pickles ... chopped fine and mixed into cottage cheese or just dipped into ketchup.
mmmmm - mmmmm!

JMediger said:
Yum!
Also, fried egg sandwiches with a slice of cheddar and raspberry jam.
On the line of dill pickles ... chopped fine and mixed into cottage cheese or just dipped into ketchup.
mmmmm - mmmmm!
My favourite thing in the world on scrambled eggs is melted Cheese Wiz :) So yummy!!!

grilled cheese sandwhich and spread grape jelly on it before eating it
Cottage cheese with chunks of cataloupe cut in it
cottage cheese with chili sauce on it

letscook said:
grilled cheese sandwhich and spread grape jelly on it before
OM gosh, I thought I was the only one who had ever tried doing that! How cool that you like it too! :) It's good with other jams like strawberry and raspbery as well.

I like corn in my scrambled eggs. It's yummy, even though I do get a few weird looks when I mention that around my work place.:rolleyes:

I will never know why people think this is weird, but one of my favorite combinations is ice cold cottage cheese with nice hot baked beans poured over the top. The flavors really do complement each other, and the combination of hot and cold is great!

:) Barbara

Back
Top Bottom