Strange food combos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The kiwi-pesto pizza sounds interesting, and I'm willing to give it a go, biev. By the way, made that pizza with the feta/bacon/avo for my daughter and it was surprisingly good. Sandyj :)

I like to dip french fries into very thick milk shakes - the thicker the better - yum. I have been doing this since I was about 7 years old. A friend of mine's brother kept saying how good it was and wanted me to try it. Under peer pressure - I did it. Well thjey all busted out laughing - it was all a joke - yeah, on them, it tastes great!

A favourite of mine since I was a small boy is a sandwich filled with banana mashed up with HP sauce. I have served mini sandwiches like this at finger-food parties and they were a great hit, but I did not have the courage to tell what was in them. Incidentally, few other bottles sauces are as nice with banana as HP. I do not know why.

Another favourite sandwich of mine is filled with sliced corned beef (the canned sort sold by companies such as Fray Bentos) spread with strawberry jam (Use orange marmalade at a pinch.)

And do not forget strawberries with a smidgin of black pepper.

It was a real hot day at a Diner in Chicago and I had ordered Baked Beans and Apple Pie. The Baked Beans were great but as I watched the Ice Cream that came with the Apple Pie was melting.
I got an idea. I put the Ice Cream on the Baked Beans and tried it. It was pretty good I felt and are it regularly.
I'll have some Baked Beans with Vanilla Ice Cream on top.

Timeloyd said:
It was a real hot day at a Diner in Chicago and I had ordered Baked Beans and Apple Pie. The Baked Beans were great but as I watched the Ice Cream that came with the Apple Pie was melting.
I got an idea. I put the Ice Cream on the Baked Beans and tried it. It was pretty good I felt and are it regularly.
I'll have some Baked Beans with Vanilla Ice Cream on top.
Now that's a new one on me:) But bet I could sell it to my 3 grandsons:LOL:
kadesma

I have to keep reminding myself that this particular topic can make me sick, but it's good to read how people like different stuff. I will make a mental note to read this topic after I have had my meal.

Boy does this thread take me back:)
When I was in high school, five of us formed a rock band (at least that's what we thought we were:rolleyes: ) and we would practice at the drummers house (he had the cool mom). Anyway, after practice or a gig, we would go back to his house and raid his mom's fridge. We played a game where each guy would make a sandwich for the next guy and whatever was made had to be eaten. You wouldn't believe the combo's that came about! You haven't lived untill you've tried a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with coleslaw on it:sick:

I was trying to find something new for dinner at work ( having eaten everthing off the menu many, many times over) I went around and grabbed blobs of anything I could find. As it turns out Grilled Halibut and Humus is a good combo.

fresh ground black pepper on ripe strawberrie is AWESOME. try it.
also take whole small raddishes, swack on a little fresh butter and sea salt and pop em in your mouth. burst of springtinme in your mouth!

I eat a sandwich with Lebanon Sweet bologna, peanut butter on one slice of bread, mayo on the other and a thick slice of onion on top the bologna. Brings back a lot of memories. I also find that rival soup is comfort food to me. And the older I get the more comforting I need.

Allen, I also add a can of tuna to my mac and cheese. Usually I mix in some garlic and fresh ground pepper too.

A strange combo the first time I heard it. Dark Chocolate with Red Wine. After I tried it I started using it on occational dates.

When I was a kid I would cut up my meat, and mix it with the corn or peas or beans and mashed potatoes. basically made a casserole out of it.

Fresh strawberrys with Balsamic is delish.
So is french fries with Wendy's Frosty.

brie and strawberries sounded gross but is very good.

..... not sure, but I know that I have made things that didn't go together well. I try not to do that too often.

Robo410 said:
fresh ground black pepper on ripe strawberrie is AWESOME. try it.
also take whole small raddishes, swack on a little fresh butter and sea salt and pop em in your mouth. burst of springtinme in your mouth!

Exactly, or stuff the berry with a little goats cheese too, then roll in black pepper.

I also like hulled strawberries stuffed w/blanched roma tomato and drizzled with balsamic.

What about peanut butter and bacon sandwiches?

nothing better then a peanut butter, deli ham grilled cheese sandwich, also try leftover bake beans and hot dogs in the blender till smoth then use as a sndwich spread

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom