"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 03-22-2006, 09:46 AM   #61
Sous Chef

The kiwi-pesto pizza sounds interesting, and I'm willing to give it a go, biev. By the way, made that pizza with the feta/bacon/avo for my daughter and it was surprisingly good. Sandyj :)

Old 03-22-2006, 05:51 PM   #62
Senior Cook

Let me know how you like it

Old 03-22-2006, 06:05 PM   #63
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
I like to dip french fries into very thick milk shakes - the thicker the better - yum. I have been doing this since I was about 7 years old. A friend of mine's brother kept saying how good it was and wanted me to try it. Under peer pressure - I did it. Well thjey all busted out laughing - it was all a joke - yeah, on them, it tastes great!
Old 03-22-2006, 06:17 PM   #64
Senior Cook

Very funny
Old 03-24-2006, 09:17 PM   #65
Senior Cook

A favourite of mine since I was a small boy is a sandwich filled with banana mashed up with HP sauce. I have served mini sandwiches like this at finger-food parties and they were a great hit, but I did not have the courage to tell what was in them. Incidentally, few other bottles sauces are as nice with banana as HP. I do not know why.

Another favourite sandwich of mine is filled with sliced corned beef (the canned sort sold by companies such as Fray Bentos) spread with strawberry jam (Use orange marmalade at a pinch.)

And do not forget strawberries with a smidgin of black pepper.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:25 PM   #66
Cook

Send a message via MSN to Timeloyd
It was a real hot day at a Diner in Chicago and I had ordered Baked Beans and Apple Pie. The Baked Beans were great but as I watched the Ice Cream that came with the Apple Pie was melting.
I got an idea. I put the Ice Cream on the Baked Beans and tried it. It was pretty good I felt and are it regularly.
I'll have some Baked Beans with Vanilla Ice Cream on top.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:13 PM   #67
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeloyd
It was a real hot day at a Diner in Chicago and I had ordered Baked Beans and Apple Pie. The Baked Beans were great but as I watched the Ice Cream that came with the Apple Pie was melting.
I got an idea. I put the Ice Cream on the Baked Beans and tried it. It was pretty good I felt and are it regularly.
I'll have some Baked Beans with Vanilla Ice Cream on top.
Now that's a new one on me But bet I could sell it to my 3 grandsons
kadesma
Old 05-30-2006, 02:46 PM   #68
Sous Chef

I have to keep reminding myself that this particular topic can make me sick, but it's good to read how people like different stuff. I will make a mental note to read this topic after I have had my meal.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:58 PM   #69
Head Chef

Boy does this thread take me back
When I was in high school, five of us formed a rock band (at least that's what we thought we were ) and we would practice at the drummers house (he had the cool mom). Anyway, after practice or a gig, we would go back to his house and raid his mom's fridge. We played a game where each guy would make a sandwich for the next guy and whatever was made had to be eaten. You wouldn't believe the combo's that came about! You haven't lived untill you've tried a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with coleslaw on it
Old 05-30-2006, 04:30 PM   #70
Assistant Cook

I was trying to find something new for dinner at work ( having eaten everthing off the menu many, many times over) I went around and grabbed blobs of anything I could find. As it turns out Grilled Halibut and Humus is a good combo.