Strawberries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

christy

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone....

With strawberry season here does anyone have any recipes that use strawberries? I am looking for anything from desserts to dinner items, appeizers....i would appreciate any response.

Thanks,

Christy

One of my favourite strawberry recipes is a salad my sister taught me (she wasn't ever a cook but she and a friend dreamt this up!

Penni and Zoes Good News Salad

(this has no quantities, relying in frequent tastings and guesswork. No apologies as this is how I inherited the recipe!)

Strawberries sliced thinly
Fresh, raw spinach, preferably young leaves
Sunflower seeds
Sesame seeds

Combine all in a large or individual bowls and smother with:-

Balsamic Vinegar
Tahini
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
A lot of black pepper
a small amount of sugar

Combine all dressing ingredients in a large jar and shake the dickens out of it until well combined!

Hi Sushi and Kyles,

Thanks for the ideas. Sushi I actually totally blanked that idea so it's good you mentioned it. Kyles that salad sounds so good. As soon as I get to try it I will let you know what I think.
I just joined this group but I think I really like it. Everyone seems so nice and helpful.

Christy

christy said:
Hi everyone....

With strawberry season here does anyone have any recipes that use strawberries? I am looking for anything from desserts to dinner items, appeizers....i would appreciate any response.

Thanks,

Christy
we in old England have got to wait a while longer yet for
fresh lovely English strawberrys :cry:
But never mind it won,t be long now !! I perfer them just with cream and a pinch of sugar ,, :D

I meant to say, when I dip strawberries in chocolate, I add a wee bit of butter to the chocolate, it makes it set a little softer. And salt helps bitterswet chocolate, gives it an added dimension.

We always eat our strawberries and fruits with that fruit dipping sauce that has the marshmallow creme and cream cheese in it. That's my favorite way!

On the rare occasion I manage to get home with any wild strawberries, I love just piling them high in a basic sweet-pastry tart crust, sometimes with a layer of custard on the bottom, and then a very basic glaze of thinned, strained strawberry jam. A dollop of whipped cream - yum.

With regular strawberries, try pouring balsamic vinegar and sugar over them - delicious. Wild strawberries don't need any help . . .

I make 3 of my extra flakey pie crusts

Crushyour strawberries in a large bowl sugar to taste and let the berries sit for about 30 minutes.

I then layer crust on the bottom next a layer of berries then crust then berries etc makeing 3 layers with a generous portion of berries on top. When I am ready to serve I cut equal portions and top with whipped cream with 1 Whole strawberry with stem on top. Sometimes I dip the strawberry in chocolat.

Back
Top Bottom