Street food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jd_1138

Sous Chef
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1DU_jNufcw

This fried rice looks awesome. His outdoor station is kinda messy, but he probably cleans it at the end of the day.

I like the sound of the spatula/ladle hitting the wok. An order of fried rice probably costs 30 Rupees or so -- or about 40 cents in American dollars.

Last edited:

This fried rice looks awesome. His outdoor station is kinda messy, but he probably cleans it at the end of the day.

I like the sound of the spatula/ladle hitting the wok. An order of fried rice probably costs 30 Rupees or so -- or about 40 cents in American dollars.

You really think so?

Yep, it's interesting to watch, although I'll pass on eating it.;)

That looks really good, but the guy does make a mess. You could scoop up another order just from what's against the backsplash.

That's only 10 rupees. :yum:

Heh. All that mess probably contributes to the wok hei! :ROFLMAO:

I think I'll pass.

I've had street food in Pusan, Korea, Hong Kong, and in Olongapo. Each time it was cooked in a screaming hot wok over a blow torch, and everythng was clean. They also sold monkey meat on a stick in Olongapo, though I suspect it was really chicken. All I know is that it was all really good, and really simple food. Of course the spread they put out at the resort I went to in the Phillipines was the best food I've eaten, anywhere.

But I make better chili;).

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

He should clean up the mess sometime during his slow and down time. It is a definite turnoff.

I wish they had followed the person that bought the fried rice, I'm curious about the packaging they used, I wonder how far you could travel with it and how you would eat it from that sheet of paper, 1st world problems!

I wish they had followed the person that bought the fried rice, I'm curious about the packaging they used, I wonder how far you could travel with it and how you would eat it from that sheet of paper, 1st world problems!

They'd probably eat it out of the top of paper using their fingers (the most common utensil in India I think) or a fork. In the UK, I think they used to serve fish and chips in the newspaper, too.

I am curious about the fellow who started up his own seafood truck. We haven't heard from him in a long while. I hope he is doing well and very successful.

I am curious about the fellow who started up his own seafood truck. We haven't heard from him in a long while. I hope he is doing well and very successful.

Yeah I hope he's OK. Haven't heard an update.

According to FB, it looks like "The Rugged Dude" is opening a permanent location in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, unless he sold out to someone else.

On Facebook it is "Best Little Oarhouse in Nova Scotia"

According to FB, it looks like "The Rugged Dude" is opening a permanent location in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, unless he sold out to someone else.

On Facebook it is "Best Little Oarhouse in Nova Scotia"

Thanks for the update Aunt Bea. You just gotta love the title of his place. Very inventive. Will have to look him up.

Back
Top Bottom