Strengths and Weaknesses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LPBeier, no issue with pastry here, I'm killer at it. My Home Ec teacher in grade 8 was astonished at how perfect my raspberry turnovers were when everyone else had hard nasty pastry. I firmly believe its all because I'm terminally lazy and don't work the dough too much! ;) Now the choux...well...if you can teach me the Hallelujah chorus will go up all over the continent!

As for the pot roast...get a fatty piece of meat, or only do it for a few hours as opposed to all day. Mostly, again, ignoring it is the key. ;)

Sorry, Alix, I got mixed up - I think it was Kades needing help with pastry but she got it. I was lousy at pastry until I went to school.

I have even tried your recipe for pot roast....twice and it didn't work. The meat I have used has been fatty and I do ignore it. Well, will just have to keep trying!

The main point of choux is that you have to add your eggs in after it has cooled a bit AND you need a lot of arm power to stir it until the right consistency. I will send you my recipe and method.

Just think cream PUFF you got it.:LOL: So much fun to make and eat..My gang loves them. I fill them with whipped cream.
kades

I hardly ever make big ones, or sweet ones, Most often make savory gougeres with herbs and/or cheese. Big ones of those are often used in Burgundy where the English would make Popovers.

Mom used to fill cream puffs with the tastiest custard! and sometimes chocolate custard.

I hardly ever make big ones, or sweet ones, Most often make savory gougeres with herbs and/or cheese. Big ones of those are often used in Burgundy where the English would make Popovers.

Mom used to fill cream puffs with the tastiest custard! and sometimes chocolate custard.
I've never tried a custard it sounds wonderful tho. We seem to go through whipped cream as if were water. I like the idea of small savory ones, will give some a try soon.
Thanks for the idea.
kades

Strengths:
Soups
Breads
Stir fries
Dips
Salad dressings

Weaknesses:
Icecream
Patties
Candy