Stuffings for Pita Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lonercook

Assistant Cook
Have prepared Pita bread, what to fill the pockets with, suggestions please!! (Forgot to soak the beans the previous night which used to be my usual way)

Have prepared Pita bread, what to fill the pockets with, suggestions please!! (Forgot to soak the beans the previous night which used to be my usual way)

It is a perfect receptacle for a "salad on the go." The great thing about pita bread is that you can have breakfast, lunch or even supper inside it.

Welcome to DC. :angel:

Addie, you're always up even earlier than me :)

Our normal go to is Felafel with all the fixings.

Hummus sandwich.

In addition to that, anything grilled , a kebob of any sorts

My son stuffs it with feta cheese for a feta cheese sandwich ) not for everyone but he loves it.

Or, you can cut them up into bite sized pieces and bake them at a very low heat until crisp. Then use them as chips to dip into hummus or something of the sort.
(Some times , before baking, I'll spray them with pam and sprinkle some garlic powder on them too, to make them a garlic chip

Addie, you're always up even earlier than me :)

Our normal go to is Felafel with all the fixings.

Hummus sandwich.

In addition to that, anything grilled , a kebob of any sorts

My son stuffs it with feta cheese for a feta cheese sandwich ) not for everyone but he loves it.

Or, you can cut them up into bite sized pieces and bake them at a very low heat until crisp. Then use them as chips to dip into hummus or something of the sort.
(Some times , before baking, I'll spray them with pam and sprinkle some garlic powder on them too, to make them a garlic chip

I used to cut them into triangle pieces, fry them until crisp and sprinkle them with powdered sugar. I would place them in my large crystal punch bowl in the middle of the kitchen table and every day add to them. The kids always took a small bag of them to eat while walking to school each day. And then you could see the bottom on the bowl after school. A favorite of the neighborhood kids.

I do love those garlic chips though.

Larry, since I don't work, I sleep whenever I want to or not. Very rarely do I sleep for eight hours straight. I have to have had a very busy two days in a row. So, since my time is my own, I sleep in naps. I know it may sound strange, but I still miss working. :angel:

Donner kebab, salad and tsatsiki - or shish kebab. Any kind of meatball and salad. Chicken with bulgur salad. If I was using feta cheese, it would be with - yes, you guessed - salad. In fact, now I think about it, it's generally always been salad with basically whatever meat/chicken/ cheese/ chick pea concoction you like. It doesn't always have to be Middle Eastern. It's just that that's what I learned to do here in Europe. You could put fries in them if you wanted to, but I generally go with the meat/cheese versions with salad.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

Back
Top Bottom