Stupid idea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

laelae

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone,

first I just want to say that I am not trying to promote the blog, I am looking for honest opinions and suggestions

My friend and I have been doing monthly cooking baking challenges, and I just find it really interesting how the same recipe can come out totally different for each person. And it is also for people who likes to try out different recipes, but never know what to make. So, I decided to make a blog and have others join if they would like.

Another section of it will be for my personal recipes, not related to the monthly challenges. I do not have much posted on it yet, because it is only a few days old blog. I am planning to talk about the recipe contest I entered once I get the results back.

now, when i think about it, it sounds like a stupid idea.. it seems unnecessary, because it is not hard at all to browse through recipes. and perhaps my friends and I are the only ones that find it interesting??

what is your input on this? Should I continue or should I not go along with it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, laelae. Welcome to DC :)

I would say, if this is something you enjoy doing, then keep doing it. It doesn't really matter who else finds it or uses it, but you never know what might happen.

I would suggest including a photo of each recipe, though. People usually like to see what a dish will look like, especially new cooks. Also, when you include photos, they show up when people post links to the recipes elsewhere, like on Facebook or Pinterest. Hope this helps.

Hi, laelae. Welcome to DC :)

I would say, if this is something you enjoy doing, then keep doing it. It doesn't really matter who else finds it or uses it, but you never know what might happen.

I would suggest including a photo of each recipe, though. People usually like to see what a dish will look like, especially new cooks. Also, when you include photos, they show up when people post links to the recipes elsewhere, like on Facebook or Pinterest. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the encouragement. I think that is all I needed. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom