Substitution for Graham Crackers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Subs

I am trying to make a healthy Pear Crisp that calls for 3 graham cxs as part of the crisp crust. I don't have any graham cxs and don't really want to buy a whole box for just 3 cxs. Any suggestion?

Maybe corn flakes? Rolled oats? Won't be too crispy though and I know what you mean about not wanting to buy a whole box for just a few crackers. Or what about adding some finely chopped nuts to crushed corn flakes?

Do you have any other type cookies in the house? You could put those into a f/p and make crumbs...
kadesma

My father-in-law is diabetic so I sustitute ground almonds for graham cracker crusts in all his splenda desserts & parfaits. It turns out quite tasty.

I'd pick up some Golden Grahams cereal, which you or someone else in the house could eat for breakfast, or check out the cookie aisle for Teddy Graham kid's cookies, which come in a smaller quantity than graham crackers.

Ginger snaps would work, I think quite well.

But folks made crisps long before Nabisco. Just Google apple or pear crisp recipes and I think you may find your answer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom