"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 02-03-2014, 02:31 PM   #31
Wine Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll_Bones View Post
I have heard this before. I guess the digital format makes for much better terrestrial TV watching?
I don't know as i have had DirectV for almost 15 years now.
I could never go back to air over channels again. I am spoiled.
From what I understand, many of the large cable providers "dumb down" some of the 1080i signals to 720 or 480 to reduce bandwidth. I don't know if it's the same with satellite or not.

I am spoiled as well. Last April we replaced all of the cable boxes in our house with micro-computers running Windows Media Center. So not only do we receive the local over-the-air channels in full HD but, with the addition of PlayOn TV server, we get a lot of cable television programs, too. And when we are bored with television shows, we can also watch internet content, our entire movie and music collection, or even view family photos on any television in the house.

The best thing of all is that I've saved about $120 a month.

Old 02-03-2014, 03:25 PM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

I liked the SB. I don't mind seeing a blowout though. And all the ways Seattle scored... unheard of before. I though it was exciting the way the underdogs had their way with Denver's "high powered" offense. I imagine any other AFC team would have met a similar outcome.

Old 02-03-2014, 03:58 PM   #33
Executive Chef

Super Bowl Food

Me too Pac! It's proven, defense beats offense. Nothing should be taken away from the Seahawks. They were phenomenal. Denver played well, nothing should be taken away from them either,
they just couldn't beat the defense. IMHO,It was a great Super Bowl, only thing that could have made it better would have been if Denver had 1 more touchdown. I felt a little bad for them:(

Yay Seahawks!
Old 02-03-2014, 04:45 PM   #34
Proud American

In my mind, I thought Denver would win, but I still bet $10 to Gwen that the Seahawks would win. She was for the Broncos.

I feel so bad that the Broncos took such a bad beating. This was almost hurtful to watch.

I took Gwen's $10 and went to the dollar store, and I used her money to buy things she likes. I got her many things, and she was so very surprised! I bought many scrapbook things, some pretty yarn, and a car window brush and scraper because her scraper had broken.

I told her that this way, we both win, and she loves everything!

She said she won the most, for she said this after that, "I know you love me, Catina, and I love you too."

Hugs are the best! Ha!
Old 02-04-2014, 07:43 AM   #35
Master Chef

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
Me too Pac! It's proven, defense beats offense. Nothing should be taken away from the Seahawks. They were phenomenal. Denver played well, nothing should be taken away from them either,
they just couldn't beat the defense. IMHO,It was a great Super Bowl, only thing that could have made it better would have been if Denver had 1 more touchdown. I felt a little bad for them:(

Yay Seahawks!
Denver played a lousy game. They were outmatched in every phase, and in every match up. They were poorly prepared and they did not show the anywhere near the same level of "want" that the Seahawks did.

It was only a great game if you are a Seahawks fan. From a third party point of view it was a horrible game. Reminds me of the Bucs winning over the Raiders. One team showed up to play, one showed up to enjoy the week.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:32 AM   #36
Wine Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankZ View Post
Reminds me of the Bucs winning over the Raiders. One team showed up to play, one showed up to enjoy the week.
Funny... that's exactly what I thought. It reminded me a lot of that game.

It's very disappointing to one's own team knocked out of the playoffs. The consolation prize is to at least be able to enjoy a competitive championship game between the "best of the best". This year's Super Bowl was like watching a mismatched college game.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:14 PM   #37
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
From what I understand, many of the large cable providers "dumb down" some of the 1080i signals to 720 or 480 to reduce bandwidth. I don't know if it's the same with satellite or not.

I am spoiled as well. Last April we replaced all of the cable boxes in our house with micro-computers running Windows Media Center. So not only do we receive the local over-the-air channels in full HD but, with the addition of PlayOn TV server, we get a lot of cable television programs, too. And when we are bored with television shows, we can also watch internet content, our entire movie and music collection, or even view family photos on any television in the house.

The best thing of all is that I've saved about $120 a month.
I could use a savings. TV has become a fairly large bill each month.
How long will it take you to recoup the cost of the "micro computers"?
Are you hard wired or wireless (wifi) connected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I liked the SB. I don't mind seeing a blowout though. And all the ways Seattle scored... unheard of before. I though it was exciting the way the underdogs had their way with Denver's "high powered" offense. I imagine any other AFC team would have met a similar outcome.
There is no team in the NFL that could have matched what Seattle brought to this game. No team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post

Yay Seahawks!
I disagree on both points. First defenses do not win games alone. Football is a team sport and Seattle brought team to this game. That is why they won.
Second, Denver flat out stunk up the place. They were not good at anything last Sunday. I wanted Denver to win, so its not personal. Just my observation from a lifetime of being a football fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
In my mind, I thought Denver would win, but I still bet $10 to Gwen that the Seahawks would win. She was for the Broncos.

I feel so bad that the Broncos took such a bad beating. This was almost hurtful to watch.

I took Gwen's $10 and went to the dollar store, and I used her money to buy things she likes. I got her many things, and she was so very surprised! I bought many scrapbook things, some pretty yarn, and a car window brush and scraper because her scraper had broken.

I told her that this way, we both win, and she loves everything!

She said she won the most, for she said this after that, "I know you love me, Catina, and I love you too."

Hugs are the best! Ha!
Who's Gwen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankZ View Post
Denver played a lousy game. They were outmatched in every phase, and in every match up. They were poorly prepared and they did not show the anywhere near the same level of "want" that the Seahawks did.

It was only a great game if you are a Seahawks fan. From a third party point of view it was a horrible game. Reminds me of the Bucs winning over the Raiders. One team showed up to play, one showed up to enjoy the week.
Exactly. Only a Seahawk fan could find anything positive to say about this game. The Bronco's were embarrassed and so was the NFL.
The only winners here were the Hawks.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:15 PM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire

Gee Somebunny. I guess we didn't enjoy the game

Tags
food