Super Bowl Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roll_Bones

Master Chef
I usually make wings. This year we bought cilantro lime shrimp at Costco and I made my home made cocktail sauce. No cooking for us today.

My wife is making a taco dip and my friend is bringing an Italian sausage medley with onions and peppers. He is also bringing some fresh Panera bread.
Of course we have plenty beer and liquor.

What are you guys having? Do you watch the super bowl?

Go Denver.

Wings, fried and roasted; deviled eggs, boiled shrimp, chips 'n dips (buffalo chicken and spinach dip); mini-subs, a veggie tray and chunks of watermelon to even it all out. We just put it all out and graze throughout the game.

Plenty of adult beverages to wash it all down.

We aren't rooting for anyone but the winner! After as much losing as our home team did this year, we are just happy to see anyone win.

I typically just make munchies/snacks/finger foods on SB Sunday, but I've got a trenderloin in the fridge that needs cooked, so I'll probably make a scallopini/piccata type thing over angel hair. Not your typical SB fare, I know.

I don't watch because I don't subscribe to cable or satellite television. There is enough on Netflix and streaming from the internet to keep me busy. I would watch if I had access but, I don't watch all year so I couldn't name any players. But if I did, it would be wings and beer for sure...:LOL: Had it last night for the hockey games...

I don't watch because I don't subscribe to cable or satellite television.

Tis on broadcast TV. You can stream it via Fox and NFL.*

*Unless you are AT the game, in which case "all" streaming is blocked.

Last edited:
KFC! Along with beans, slaw, corn and biscuits. DH forgot the potatoes and gravy. Bad DH!

:ohmy: :bash: Oh, no, Dawg! The mashed potatoes and gravy is one of the most important parts of the meal!! :(

Last edited:
The Princesses wings, though I went 1/2 and 1/2 orange marmalade and pineapple preserves, Huli Huli babybacks (courtesy Steve R.) and my SILs aunts coleslaw.

Last edited:
I was asked to bring cornbread. I made two pans of corn muffins. I hope that means we are having chili. Dx is bringing deviled eggs.

I don't have a tv provider or any kind of account. Not sure that stuff is available North of your border...Never really checked it out. Thanks for the tip, though...

Oh yes. I forgot about that.

Well.. mayhaps yes, mayhaps no. If you hurry you could have dinner and watch the game here. But you would need to be right quick.

I can't believe it's not on "air TV" in Canada.
How the heck is Roger Goodell going to put a team in England if Canada doesn't even get our games???

I don't have a tv provider or any kind of account. Not sure that stuff is available North of your border...Never really checked it out. Thanks for the tip, though...
Super Bowl XLVIII

Sunday on CTV and Live Streaming on CTV.ca

12pm ET: Road to the Super Bowl
1pm ET: Football America: Our Stories
2pm ET: Super Bowl XLVIII Pre-Show
6:30pm ET: Super Bowl XLVIII: Seattle Seahawks at Denver Broncos

No cable or dish at my house, either. I do have an antenna on the roof, though. And the picture looks even better than it did when I used to have cable. :)

Regarding the super bowl, I don't have a horse in this race, as they say, but I'll watch it nevertheless. We're having pizza and a few snacky items. But that's what we usually have on Sunday anyway when there's football on.

We are having stuffed mushrooms, ABT's, potato skins, Natchos with meat and beans. Also chips and dip, or at least some of these, it's inly the two if us lol! Oh yeah, wobbly pop too!

Last edited:
Super Bowl XLVIII

Sunday on CTV and Live Streaming on CTV.ca

12pm ET: Road to the Super Bowl
1pm ET: Football America: Our Stories
2pm ET: Super Bowl XLVIII Pre-Show
6:30pm ET: Super Bowl XLVIII: Seattle Seahawks at Denver Broncos
Hey! Will ya look at that! Thanks, Taxy! Not sure I'll get to watch the whole thing, but will definitely have a boo at 'er...:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom