"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 01-22-2010, 12:07 AM   #1
Senior Cook

Super Bowl Sunday?

I know this is several weeks away and most of our favorite teams are sitting at home and planning their parties just like we are.What are you planning to bring to your super bowl party?I have not thought about it untill now, but some finger sized hot Italian sausage with fresh roasted pablano or anaheim chilies and sauted onion and garlic with a simple white cheese most likely mozzarella and parmasan. wrapped in fresh made bread and baked.Serve with a marinara or ranch type dip.Time consumeing but worth it.Buy the best sausage you can find.This is no place for store brands.These are pigs in a blanket on steroids.I havent made these in years.I know you will enjoy them they are great.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:54 AM   #2
Everymom

Is it that time already? I don't even know who might be in it this year.

I have to admit that mostly on Superbowl Sunday all I want to know is if Survivor starts afterward.

Sorry! I think maybe I'd like to come eat at your place though! I usually like to bring a hot appy and a cold one if I go somewhere. Usually wings or potato skins for the hot, and tortilla roll ups for the cold one.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:02 AM   #3
Assistant Cook

Maybe an olive tapenade, sweet, hot pickled onions and goat cheese. did I mention wine?
Old 01-22-2010, 07:13 AM   #4
Executive Chef

I'm a wine drinker, but the Super Bowl is definitely a beer (or root beer) kind of event IMO, along with finger foods such as Buffalo Wings, Chicago-style Hot Dogs, Chips and Salsa, Tacos (beef, fish or chicken... it makes no difference), Pizza (gourmet or otherwise), and, of course, the classic... BBQ Ribs!

Put rubber sheets over the furniture, clean off the wide screen TV, bring in the folding chairs from the garage, reserve a carpet steam cleaner at the rental store, load the freezer with bags of ice, and invite every friend you've got! Party Time!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:51 AM   #5
Certified Pretend Chef

This year the SB is a week later than usual so, instead of watching the game poolside in Aruba, SO and I will be on an airplane flying home that day and will miss the game.

So our SB party will consist of airline snacks and not very cold beverages.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:53 AM   #6
Sous Chef

Chicken wings, queso dip & chips and I am not sure what else. Ribs or mini burgers.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:31 PM   #7
Assistant Cook

Superbowl Sunday Eats

I like to tailor my Super Bowl menu to either one of the teams playing or the venue where it is being played. Everybody has wings, chili, and pizza. Make yours different and memorable.

This year, with New Orleans and Indianapolis playing in Miami, several things would be great.
1. New Orleans muffeletta sandwiches.
2. New Orleans po' boy sandwich like fried shrimp or roast beef with debris gravy.
3. Gumbo or jambalaya
4. Indianapolis pork tenderloin sandwiches
5. Shrimp cocktail (the mayor of Indianapolis has bet shrimp cocktails from St. Elmos in Indianapolis).
6. Corn dogs - an icon of Indiana state fairs
7. Cuban sandwiches from Miami.
8. Picadillo from Miami's Cuban quarter, great on a pizza as well.
9 Desserts like funnel cake from state fairs, or Beignets from N.O.

Basically anything you think screams out New Orleans, Indianapolis, or Miami. Depends on how ambitious you want to be.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:51 PM   #8
Master Chef

Gumbo sure sounds good. Kim is craving hot wings, so we may have those, too. I don't care for them, personally. I'd rather have sweet & sour wings.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #9
Master Chef

Neighbors are having their annual SB Party so I'm trying something new (the people on our street eat ANYTHING!) Ran across a recipe in one of those fund-raiser cookbooks I bought around here for "Whiskey Meatballs". The local butcher makes really good home-made meatballs and my DH said this would be something good to try (it uses Boubon, his favorite). I guess a portion of the Bourbon goes into the sauce...and a portion goes into DH.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:10 PM   #10
Senior Cook

Wine, some sandwiches, and pasta on the side! ;-)