Sweetened condensed milk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Guys, my caramel sauce is getting very very thick but is only just beginning to turn brown. I am doing the double boiler method. I'm afraid that when it is finally brown and it cools down it will be a solid mass of caramel. What am I doing wrong? It has been cooking for about 4 hours.

Thanks for that flan recipe licia.....I can't wait to try it.

About that condensed milk fudge....

I've also done it with white chocolate chips with chopped dried cranberries. (Very pretty for Christmas)

I've added a teaspoon of instant coffee granules when melting the choc. chips and milk. Delicious Mocha Fudge.

I've made it with butterscotch chips and chopped pecans. Outstanding.

The beauty of this recipe is it's never failed me!!

There you go again, KL, making me drool on my keyboard. AGAIN!!:LOL::LOL:

I've been having fudge thoughts lately, too, The butterscotch and pecans sounds especially good.

I copied your ideas into my steno pad so I won't have to search for them when I get ready to make fudge soon.

XOX Keep 'm coming, gal.

My girlfriends and I went to a Taste of Home "cooking school" demonstration last night and they made this recipe with condensed milk. I thought to myself, I gotta pass this on to this thread this morning. I got to sample one, and it was delicious.

Check this out.......

Cookie Dough Truffles Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes

The chef used an ingenious idea to dip the truffle balls in melted chocolate.......a plastic fork, with the center tines broken out. Clever, huh?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom