Sweetened condensed milk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joesfolk

Head Chef
I have a ton of sweetened condensed milk. I would like to use it for gift giving. I need your nicest and preferably cheap recipes using the milk. If you like you can just post a link for the recipe or post it here if that is allowed. Thanks so much.

Thanks, that's a good idea. Keep them coming.

Do you suppose I could make the sauce on the stove and then put it in canning jars and can it? How long do you think I would need to process it if I did this. Don't want to poison anyone.

I have a flan recipe that is really good and very easy. I will post it later in the day when I've got a minute to find it. That is, if you'd like to have it.

sweetened, condensed milk plus key lime juice, plus egg yolks, plus graham cracker crust = key lime pie. Do I need to say more?:mrgreen:

Pumpkin pie

Bannana Cream Pie

Use with Nutella to make a kind of ganache
Add vanilla egg yolks, and salt to make ice cream starter (put into ice cream maker)

Heat in a double boiler to make dulce de lieche

Use with chocolate, butter, and marshmallows to make fudge

That should get you started.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Ingredients:
Condensed milk
Meringue cookie (store bought)
Dry fruits cut mixed together: I like apples, apricot, dry plumbs (aka prunes), raisins, cherries, craisins. Anything will do. You can diced it, julienne it, doesn’t matter.

There are few ways to do it.

First using recipe above make the caramel, second skip making caramel, just put the condensed milk into a pot add about half a stick of butter, very slowly bring it to boil, mix really well, done. Or third do absolutely nothing.

How to:
Whichever way you chose is going to be good.
Take a big round plate drizzle cooked or uncooked condensed milk on the plate. Now set the cookie in the nice tight fit circle on the top. Sprinkle some of the dry fruit on the top. Drizzle more milk. Repeat with cookies but make the circle one cookie smaller. Repeat everything until you have nice pyramid. Let it seat for few hours or even overnight, so the condensed milk will penetrate the meringue, or just it right away.

Now as far as I am consern, just give it to me and I will druink the whole can down, love the stuff.

You guys are awesome. Goodweed, I forgot all about key lime pie! I will make one of those just for us. Keep the gift ideas coming.

This is a recipe for Flan that I have used for years. The hardest part is making the caramel sauce.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Caramelize 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and pour into custard dish.

Into the blender pour 1 can condensed milk, 1 can water, 4 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Blend and pour into caramel dish.

Set filled dish into a water bath (coming at least half way up the dish)

Bake for one hour. Allow to cool completely then refrigerate. Turn into serving dish deep enough for sauce to surround the custard. The lady who first made it for me surrounded the custard with pineapple, strawberries and kiwi.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

Last edited:
For years I made fudge the old fashioned way, sometimes with great success and sometimes not. Then reluctantly I tried the Eagle Brand recipe, and was shocked at how good it was! I resisted because I didn't consider it "real" fudge, now I wouldn't make it any other way!

My mother has a picture of me and my Aunt, each of us with a can of sweetened condensed milk and a spoon.

I printed out he chewy macaroon recipe. It looks awesome. As we speak I am working on the caramel sauce. After all I do need to try it before I give it as gifts don't I?;)

Please keep the gift ideas coming.

Thanks for that flan recipe licia.....I can't wait to try it.

About that condensed milk fudge....

I've also done it with white chocolate chips with chopped dried cranberries. (Very pretty for Christmas)

I've added a teaspoon of instant coffee granules when melting the choc. chips and milk. Delicious Mocha Fudge.

I've made it with butterscotch chips and chopped pecans. Outstanding.

The beauty of this recipe is it's never failed me!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom