"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 08-27-2015, 04:30 PM   #11
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Honey and mustard make a good dipping sauce, and it's kind of the same principle, sort of.
It didn't occur to me that the honey/mustard combination is the same principle as the syrup/mustard combination, I guess. I don't know why I didn't think of that; honey mustard is a common dipping sauce or salad dressing. Just never heard of syrup and mustard together before.

The chipotle chili and mustard combo mentioned by tenspeed sounds pretty good to me now.

Old 08-27-2015, 04:34 PM   #12
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Ruhlman's Twenty is a great cookbook about ingredients and technique that I think does what you want. The author, Michael Ruhlman, describes what he calls the 20 essential techniques of cooking and includes 100 recipes that use those techniques, along with gorgeous photos illustrating the making of the recipes.
Thank you so much for the reference! I will definitely check it out.

Tags
mustard, syrup