Tamale Question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For the potluck, I made enough tamales for 15 people to have at least 3, with extra sauce and filling on the side.

Now, I've been informed that tamales are all about the outside, and not about the filling. So, my tamales were made correctly and were in fact, very well flavored. I just didn't understand that they aren't like a burrito, where the filling makes the meal. The filling was just about right, at 1 tbs. per tamale. I'd figured that it should have been about 2 tbs. per.

I still kind of think that I would prefer more filling, personally. I'll have to experiment to find out the perfect ratio for myself and my family. After all, I'm not in an area where there are any tamal purists, and so can make them any way I like.;)

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

For the potluck, I made enough tamales for 15 people to have at least 3, with extra sauce and filling on the side.

Now, I've been informed that tamales are all about the outside, and not about the filling. So, my tamales were made correctly and were in fact, very well flavored. I just didn't understand that they aren't like a burrito, where the filling makes the meal. The filling was just about right, at 1 tbs. per tamale. I'd figured that it should have been about 2 tbs. per.

I still kind of think that I would prefer more filling, personally. I'll have to experiment to find out the perfect ratio for myself and my family. After all, I'm not in an area where there are any tamal purists, and so can make them any way I like.;)

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
I agree--I like more filling. My problem with my filling is I want to eat it as chili <g>.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom