Tart and Juicy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
Hey all :)
I have a new found love of lemon and chilli lately. Can't seem to get enough of sour and spicy foods. Think I might be addicted if that's possible:LOL:
I'm eating lemons by like the dozen and don't enjoy my food so much if I don't have a bottle of Tabasco or my homemade chilli sauce nearby. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Interesting topic Snip!

I have always loved cooking with lemons. I find they add a freshness and zip to many of my sweet and savoury dishes.

I also like adding a dash (or more) of hot sauce to sauces and a good sprinkling of red chili flakes to liven up meat dishes.

My only problem is that DH seems sensitive to both citrus and spice, and when Dad is here he can't handle ANY level of heat in a dish. But I do my best to sneak in enough to boost the flavour and not hurt them. If I am cooking for a group I tend to use a lot more.

Hi LP :)
Love a good chilli sauce and tangy lemons liven up the taste buds!
Here's my chilli onion relish recipe if you would like to try it. I add it to almost everything as a condiment since I can't spice things up too much for my kids.

1 large onion finely chopped
200gr cayenne and jalapeno chillies chopped and most seeds removed
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsps coarse sea salt
1/2 tsp garlic flakes
1/2 cup white grape vinegar
Add all the ingredients to medium sized pot, cover just with boiling water. Simmer till tender. Add 1/2 cup of white grape vinegar. Boil 5 more mins. Pour into a sterilised bottle while hot. Turn the bottle upside down till cool. Store in the fridge till needed. Lasts for months! I grow my own chillies so I make many hot sauces of my own. Didn't steal someone elses promise..lol!

Thanks, Snip!
This is great because I can make it for me to eat with the blander food I have to serve my family.

I'm in a lime phase right now, but yes...I have periods where I want lemon or lime on most anything.

Chiles go on most everything, too!

I tend to prefer lime over lemon. I will, however, eat both (and I do EAT both). Limes with Vulcan blend from The Old Spice Shop...

I always have fresh limes and lemons in the house.

Back
Top Bottom