"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 03-06-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
Cook

Teriyaki & coconut glaze

Kids descend on our place after school every workday until their parents come to pick them up after work. A boy who graduated 2 years ago still comes by to visit fairly often and wants to bring his new girlfriend to our place for a "date" this afternoon. Obviously this is a big honor for us because he thinks we are cool enough to bring a girl he is dating for the first time to our house to meet us and "hang out". We're taking them horseback riding then they can play billiards and watch a movie together.

We emailed him a menu of what foods we have in the house and he choose a grilled pork loin with some sides. Then he had a strange request that a portion of the pork be covered with teryucki and coconut because he knows that's a combination his new girlfriend likes. I purchased some coconut cream that is like toothpaste and was going to apply that after marinating in the teryucky juice for a while then throwing it on the grill. Going to slice come pineapple and grill that also. That way we can get a little "guy time" while his girlfriend gets to know my wife for a little girl time.

Any advice please? Is this going to catch on fire and get char-broiled? I would appreciate any help from the pros. Thanks.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:19 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvabigdog View Post
Kids descend on our place after school every workday until their parents come to pick them up after work. A boy who graduated 2 years ago still comes by to visit fairly often and wants to bring his new girlfriend to our place for a "date" this afternoon. Obviously this is a big honor for us because he thinks we are cool enough to bring a girl he is dating for the first time to our house to meet us and "hang out". We're taking them horseback riding then they can play billiards and watch a movie together.

We emailed him a menu of what foods we have in the house and he choose a grilled pork loin with some sides. Then he had a strange request that a portion of the pork be covered with teryucki and coconut because he knows that's a combination his new girlfriend likes. I purchased some coconut cream that is like toothpaste and was going to apply that after marinating in the teryucky juice for a while then throwing it on the grill. Going to slice come pineapple and grill that also. That way we can get a little "guy time" while his girlfriend gets to know my wife for a little girl time.

Any advice please? Is this going to catch on fire and get char-broiled? I would appreciate any help from the pros. Thanks.
I have only used coconut cream diluted to coconut milk. I have seen it chilled and grated onto food. Let us know how it turns out. Sounds like something I might want to try.

Tags
coconut