Teriyaki & coconut glaze

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luvabigdog

Cook
Kids descend on our place after school every workday until their parents come to pick them up after work. A boy who graduated 2 years ago still comes by to visit fairly often and wants to bring his new girlfriend to our place for a "date" this afternoon. Obviously this is a big honor for us because he thinks we are cool enough to bring a girl he is dating for the first time to our house to meet us and "hang out". We're taking them horseback riding then they can play billiards and watch a movie together.

We emailed him a menu of what foods we have in the house and he choose a grilled pork loin with some sides. Then he had a strange request that a portion of the pork be covered with teryucki and coconut because he knows that's a combination his new girlfriend likes. I purchased some coconut cream that is like toothpaste and was going to apply that after marinating in the teryucky juice for a while then throwing it on the grill. Going to slice come pineapple and grill that also. That way we can get a little "guy time" while his girlfriend gets to know my wife for a little girl time.

Any advice please? Is this going to catch on fire and get char-broiled? I would appreciate any help from the pros. Thanks.

Kids descend on our place after school every workday until their parents come to pick them up after work. A boy who graduated 2 years ago still comes by to visit fairly often and wants to bring his new girlfriend to our place for a "date" this afternoon. Obviously this is a big honor for us because he thinks we are cool enough to bring a girl he is dating for the first time to our house to meet us and "hang out". We're taking them horseback riding then they can play billiards and watch a movie together.

We emailed him a menu of what foods we have in the house and he choose a grilled pork loin with some sides. Then he had a strange request that a portion of the pork be covered with teryucki and coconut because he knows that's a combination his new girlfriend likes. I purchased some coconut cream that is like toothpaste and was going to apply that after marinating in the teryucky juice for a while then throwing it on the grill. Going to slice come pineapple and grill that also. That way we can get a little "guy time" while his girlfriend gets to know my wife for a little girl time.

Any advice please? Is this going to catch on fire and get char-broiled? I would appreciate any help from the pros. Thanks.

I have only used coconut cream diluted to coconut milk. I have seen it chilled and grated onto food. Let us know how it turns out. Sounds like something I might want to try.

Back
Top Bottom