Thai fish sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

huavun

Assistant Cook
Dear Everyone...

I am studying in master degree in marketing....I have a paper work of market research to submit. The topic is about concept testing about thai fish sauce with has softer taste and smell which also provides free amino acid that benefit for health... I want to test whether the market will accept this kind of product or not.... If it is not bother your time so much, please help me finish the survey ;)

PS. Because this is my first visit.. I can not post the link, could you please send me an email so that I can send the link

Thanks you so much
Ning

Dear Everyone...

I am studying in master degree in marketing....I have a paper work of market research to submit. The topic is about concept testing about thai fish sauce with has softer taste and smell which also provides free amino acid that benefit for health... I want to test whether the market will accept this kind of product or not.... If it is not bother your time so much, please help me finish the survey ;)

PS. Because this is my first visit.. I can not post the link, could you please send me an email so that I can send the link

Thanks you so much
Ning

Thai fish sauce is made with fermented anchovies :sick: and gives a great, strong, pungent taste to Asian foods. I for one, would not consider buying fish sauce with a softer flavor. It's the sharpness that gives food that fantastic taste. '

I can't see where your e-mail address is listed.

I think it might be an excellent idea for the Western market.
My friends are VERY intimidated by fish sauce, even my cooking buddy.
One whiff and they are done.
A lighter version might be just what they need to jump in the fish sauce lake!

I think it might be an excellent idea for the Western market.
My friends are VERY intimidated by fish sauce, even my cooking buddy.
One whiff and they are done.
A lighter version might be just what they need to jump in the fish sauce lake!

But then they would probably complain their dish doesn't taste as good as what they had elsewhere.

I would NEVER buy a less pungent fish sauce, & I hate when ingredients for specific ethnic cuisines get "dumbed down" like that.

Granted, it doesn't smell particularly appetizing, but the taste belies that completely, & I agree that folks who don't go around smelling it would ultimately miss the flavor. You definitely wouldn't have a market for me, & I doubt folks who truly enjoy cooking Thai dishes would buy it as well.

(Oh, & my favorite brand so far is "Squid" :).)

Thanks - I don't think I've tried that one yet.

"Squid" brand - luckily - is available fairly close by, but there's a big ethnic market (Asian/Indian/Hispanic) about an hour away that obviously carries more choices. I'll look for "Three Crabs" the next time I'm there. Always like trying new stuff! :)

Thanks to everyone

Dear All

I really want to say thanks you for your feedback :).
Here is my questionaire...

zipsurvey.com/LaunchSurvey.aspx?suid=31592&key=861F155A

Please help me do the survey:cry:

Thanks you very much...

PS. In Thailand we can say "We are fish-sauce addicted"

Huavun

Back
Top Bottom