Thanksgiving Dessert help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildcatnc

Assistant Cook
I'm making two Chocolate Chess pie's with toasted pecan in one and toasted walnuts in the other, and since I know that a majority of my family is all about dessert I want to add some alcohol to the whipped cream that will be served with it. As I don't usually incorporate alcohol with my desserts that I normaly make what would be a good ($20 or less) alcohol pairing with this dessert? I would prefer a clear spirit so that the classic whipped cream look wont be distorted.

THANKS!!! in advance.

Bourbon hands down....Less than $20 for a 750ML...Just off the top of my head...look for Old Grand Dad Bonded...It's the 100 proof expression.

Enjoy!

Triple Sec is cheaper than both the orange liquers above in the UK.

If one can find it on this side of the pond, a generic triple sec is cheaper here too. Actually, Cointreau is a triple sec. Grand Marnier with a yellow ribbon is triple sec and Grand Marnier with a red ribbon is triple sec and brandy, or is it Cognac.

I cheat

There will be some in your family that will not settle for anything less than pure 100% real whipping cream. For the others who are looking for a 'pop' or surprise I prepare Dream Whip according to the directions. It whips like cream and it looks like cream. Where I would normally add sugar, cinnamon and vanilla flavoring I add one tsp or two of a really good brandyr. It does not discolor the Dream Whip unless you use a lot. I would experiment r white rum or even the white spiced rum.

Considering the small amount of liquor you will use, you may be able to find it in the airline size bottle for $3.

Brandy, I think, should pair with either nut and the chocolate, but I am not sure about the rums. For me I woould be tempted to add a touch of grated oraange peel for color on the Dream Whip.

Whipped cream cam be browned. But, I have never tried to do that to Dream Whip because of the water content. .

I'm making two Chocolate Chess pie's with toasted pecan in one and toasted walnuts in the other, and since I know that a majority of my family is all about dessert I want to add some alcohol to the whipped cream that will be served with it. As I don't usually incorporate alcohol with my desserts that I normaly make what would be a good ($20 or less) alcohol pairing with this dessert? I would prefer a clear spirit so that the classic whipped cream look wont be distorted.

THANKS!!! in advance.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom