Thanksgiving Leftovers Pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davydd

Assistant Cook
Saturday night is my pizza night and our refrigerator is crammed with Thanksgiving leftovers. The obvious idea was to use them. So I made my usual dough but this time instead of the obligatory tomato sauce I substituted the leftover turkey gravy. Then I spread about 4 oz. of sliced Brie cheese that did not get gobbled up during the appetizer periods despite a house full of guests. Next a little chopped up turkey got liberally spread over the pizza. The final ingredient was leftover cranberry salad with a touch of orange brought by my sister-in-law to Thanksgiving. Everyone was skeptical of this combination but I had a little faith in that Cosi Restaurants sometimes serves a similar combination of sliced turkey, brie and cranberry sauce that I liked. I baked the pizza directly on a pizza stone in an electric oven for 10 minutes at 500 degrees. On first bite it turned out to be a winner.

img_512103_0_02b5e8825ca6defd4ded13adc7668db4.jpg

Personally you could leave the orange out but as I love turkey, cranberry and brie sandwiches, your pizza pulls at my heartstrings! Try adding some fresh baby spinach leaves to it just before you cook it. Extra yum!!

LOVE the idea!

I'd have to add stuffing and mayo on there somehow, for mine.

Lee

P.S. I, too, wonder how any of that Brie escaped, Davydd! What did you serve for appetizers that went first???? :)

The Brie never got set out on the table and just kind of got pushed back into the back of the fridge with every guest contribution. My sister-in-law brought from Michigan a homemade Win Schuler's cheddar cheese and horse radish spread knockoff. So that is what took center stage. If you had ever had that spread you would understand why.

This was a leftovers pizza. The cranberry relish had orange peelings in it. No choice there. You go with what you got. It was not bad. The stuffing was long gone but I was thinking about it.

Back
Top Bottom