The liquid in which olives in a jar are suspended

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The liquid is just a brine (salt water). There is no reason you can not use it for other things. The most common thing to use it for is to make a dirty martini which is just a regular martini with a splash of olive brine.

The liquid is just a brine (salt water). There is no reason you can not use it for other things. The most common thing to use it for is to make a dirty martini which is just a regular martini with a splash of olive brine.

Yeah buddy!!!!! Good too!!!

GB... you were thinking along the same lines I was!!! That is about the only thing I can think of to use it for, but I am sure there are many uses for it!

GB... you were thinking along the same lines I was!!! That is about the only thing I can think of to use it for, but I am sure there are many uses for it!

Soak your old pennies in it, and they will look freshly minted. It's also good for shining up your sink drain.

Oh yeah, it makes great martinis.

Bet it would help a Bloody Mary too.

Just thinking about it I'll bet you could add it to salad dressing to give it a lovely taste.

Or how about to eggs for scrambled eggs or an omelet.

Have been realizing recently I do not add olives to enough stuff. Just don't think about it. Love them and think they would add something to many dishes, even hamburgers.

Soak your old pennies in it, and they will look freshly minted. It's also good for shining up your sink drain.

REALLY???? HA, never would have known to use it for that purpose even though I heard tobasco sauce does the same thing for pennies.

Auntdot.. you have some lovely ideas! Yes, I do believe the olive brine would ROCK in a bloody mary!

Really anything you put olives in... a touch can be added...Chicken salads, potato salad, tuna salads...well you get the idea...just be careful not to make things to thin and runny!

Fun!

PS....Dill Pickle juice too....

you can marinate/brine chicken in it. i've done that with leftover pickle brine and chicken legs, which imparted a weird but tasty dill and garlic taste to the legs (which were grilled).

also, i like to make a rub out of black peppercorns, powdered garlic, cloves, s&p, bay leaves and allspice, and rub it on pork chops before grilling. the chops are then served topped with pickled hot peppers, and a good splash of the brine.

you could do the same kind of ideas using the olive brine.

I wonder how soaking onions or other vegetables in the brine would work out.

I've refrigerated pickled hard boiled eggs in left over pickle juice and they were good. (Especially for egg salad and deviled eggs.) I bet a few pickled eggs in olive brine would be different in a good way. ~Bliss

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom